Recent content by tpaxadpom

1. T

Does Quality of Coax Input Matter for DACs?

This is true and quite easy to measure the difference using various sources or AP built in generator. Not only Toslink is higher (~5 to 7X) but with AP I was also able to measure difference among different Toslink cables (and no glass Toslink wasn't the best for those that are curious). Even...
  2. T

Multi-Channel, Multi-Amplifier Audio System Using Software Crossover and Multichannel-DAC

thanks for sharing your latest findings. 1) Have you consider rearranging your speaker placement along the long wall? According to the pictures posted you will get better symmetry that way. You have a system in the living room so placing acoustic panels/diffusors could be a challenge but...
  3. T

Multi-Channel, Multi-Amplifier Audio System Using Software Crossover and Multichannel-DAC

I am in US like yourself. There is something magical about these Yamaha drivers. They seem to transfer the emotions that are lost with other speakers. 20 years ago I would likely think they are not worth attention, but now, I simply enjoy the music. In fact I find myself listening to life...
  4. T

Did you buy them new when they were still in stock? How do your DIY speakers image in comparison to NS1000M. My main set of speakers I have been listening to the most is DIY set with Yammy mid and tweet. I wish someone gave me the dirty NS1000M drivers for free. I will take an offer you refuse...
  5. T

I doubt this approach would clean the dome. It took quite a bit of effort for the guy on video and required a mechanical help. In the process you would expose cloth suspension, probably not a deal breaker but still.
  6. T

1. Acetone. Alcohol would not break the glue. 2. No. He is using isopropyl alcohol. He is barely touching the dome during the cleaning process. "You cannot even talk about applying any pressure here..." After I saw this video I thought of trying this on one of my sets, but decided not to. Mine...
  7. T

AudioQuest Wind High-end Cable Review

This free cable is likely coaxial 75 Ohm cable. I never seen those included for free with DVT players. You must be really lucky. I would love to see multitone measurements of both cables and freebie twisted pair.
  8. T

Thank you for the invitation. This is unlikely going to happen in the near future but I really appreciate it. I wasn't asking for fancy recording setup, mono recording with measurement microphone is fine as well as cell phone mounted on selfie stick. The whole point is to compare the difference...
  9. T

I am happy to see you have found your sound! At least for the time being. Congratulations. What I would be very interested in is to see/hear a recording on youtube showing your system. A few possible configurations that would be of particular interest to me: 1. Accuphase e460 driving the NS1000...
  10. T

awesome. Look forward to reading your thoughts.
  11. T

Review and Measurements of Benchmark AHB2 Amp

The only Benchmark product I have auditioned years ago when it came out was DAC1. It was at some dealer house and with no returns offered. I brought Adcom GCD-700 5 disc cd changer which I used as a source for DAC1. Well let's just say DAC1 stayed with the dealer. I couldn't stand the sound for...
  12. T

Troels Graversen (speaker designer from Europe) have measured Yamaha NS1000M and reworked the passive crossover. He provided a number of measurements that should be of interest to you. See here. Tweeter and Midrange drivers are ~93dB efficient. I won't tell you what the woofer sensitivity is...
  13. T

thanks for sharing your experience. Would you mind rating amplifiers you have auditioned in full range setup? Would you trade Accuphase for Benchmark? Where does Hypex solution falls in on this chart? I am considering multichannel setup for my DIY based project (using yamaha tweeters and...
  14. T

Have you compared Benchmark AHB2 to your Accuphase in full range passive mode? If you so can you described what you've heard?
  15. T

Wow, it is like someone read my mind. I was planning to do something similar with either NS1000M or DIY speakers that use NS1000M tweeter and midrange but got side tracked with audio equipment failures and repairs. I was also thinking along Okto DAC to feed amps and subs and do all processing in...
Top Bottom