Recent content by totto

1. T

Toslink - input switch and output splitter combined - issues?

Would one expect to get some degradation in the signal quality if I connected a toslink switch (takes several inputs) to a toslink splitter (splits outgoing signal into several outputs)? I cannot find an input switch with several toslink outputs, if that exist.
  2. T

When 12 Gauge Wire is Not 12 Gauge

Thanks again for both replies. I'm from Europe, quite far away from Kansas hehe. I looked for some pre-assembled, but mostly 4x the price compared to DIY. I have some proper banana plugs and that are easy to attach. I have a rookie question though, if I purchase 11AWG does this have any chance...
  3. T

Thanks for the replies. Here is a table of awg conversions: https://learnmetrics.com/wp-content/uploads/12-awg-wire-specifications.jpg I probably will have a lenght of about 2-3 meters, around 6-10 feet.
  4. T

Sorry if I appear completely incompetent, as I'm pretty much hifi illiterate. But I cannot seem to find 12 gauge cable size which would be about 3.3mm2 in Europe. What I can find goes from 2.5mm2 to 4mm2. I have a Yamaha A-S301 and Quad S2 (8 ohm), no cables. In near future I'm planning to get...
  5. T

Amplifier for bookshelf speakers - rookie trouble

Hehe, thanks for the invite Unfortunately, I'm quite far away from Strömstad and have never been to Sweden to buy cheap alcohol :P
  6. T

Thank you for the replies! And happy holidays. I jumped a sale for Yamaha A-S301 at 250$. But I think I'm going to leave it unopened and see if any of the other Yamaha units above goes on sale in January; which I doubt, seeing that many of the Yamahas are already sold out. Anyone know how it...
  7. T

Thank you for the suggestion. The WXA-50 seems like a really nice unit. I'm a bit worried that it will not be able to drive enough. Same goes for Loxjie A30, although I'm not sure whom of WXA-50 or Loxjie A30 deals most power. The Yamaha R-N803 seemed like a nice choice a step up. But I found a...
  8. T

I have very limited knowledge about hifi, and I must admit that as of now I don't understand much of the charts except maybe the frequency response. I want to try a couple of bookshelf speakers the following year just for fun, and potentially some headphones. Good sound is nice to have / fun...
Top Bottom