Recent content by Torus

1. Torus

DAC different sound in Linux

The thing is, I've been testing on Strawberry Music Player, which just uses ALSA through the sound card, and I still hear a difference between Linux and Windows. It must be something other than Pulseaudio. I don't know how to check out the Windows driver. I'm guessing it's proprietary, or...
  2. Torus

Tempotec Sonata HD Pro Review (headphone Adapter)

Yeah, they don't speak English very well. I sent a chat message to them asking about how to update the firmware of my Sonata HD Pro from 3.0 to 3.3.136.1 and explained my problem I mentioned above, and they took a week to get back to me and all the lady said was "can your product working ? why...
  3. Torus

Tempotec Sonata HD Pro Review (headphone Adapter)

I've been using these with the firmware it came with for more than a year now(3.0). I see on their website that they have a new firmware for Sonata HD&Sonata HD PRO&Sonata BHD USB2.0 Audio Driver v.3.3.136.1. I downloaded it. One of the setup programs installs the SONATA-HD Audio CPL. I then...
  4. Torus

I just tried Strawberry Music Player today. I was already on Windows so I decided to try that out first, and played through WASAPI. It sounds better than MS Groove. Now I've booted into eOS 6(Ubuntu 20.04), and tried it. Wow, it sounds a lot better! I think on one track I did notice the bass...
  5. Torus

Okay, I edited /etc/pulse/daemon.conf with a fresh install of eOS 6, but didn't install the 5.15 kernel or PipeWire. I changed a few things like set the resampling method to soxr-vhq. I kept avoid-resample the same. I realized I forgot to edit a few things like flat-volume = no, and setting the...
  6. Torus

Hi everyone, I discovered ASR a while ago now, which led me to buy the TempoTec Sonata HD Pro(still in v.3.0 since I don't know how to upgrade it to 3.3.1), which I've coupled with my HD6XXs. This has been my entry setup for a year now, and I'm pretty happy with it so far. I've been using it...
Top Bottom