Recent content by TOOdamnFRANK

1. TOOdamnFRANK

FS: NITSCH X Schiit Magni PIETY Headphone Amp & PreAmp (New in Box)

New in box, limitied edition (1 of 1,000) I purchased 2 when they released bc I was paranoid about them selling out and dont have a need for two of them. Amp is listed on ebay for $175 start price at the Link below. Schiit X Nitsch Piety Amp...
  2. TOOdamnFRANK

Opamp Rolling, Does It Work?

Did you ever end up testing the opa1656?
  3. TOOdamnFRANK

PC Gaming Setup / Gear

If you ever want to upgrade from the 702 to the 712’s check out Thomann’s website (they’re in the EU). Their prices on AKG’s blows American retailers out of the water. I got my brand new Austrian made AKG K712 over a year ago for $225 shipped to the US. I think they're like $230-$250 right now...
  4. TOOdamnFRANK

Best tube amp for D90SE

For under $1000 I would have a number one built by Anode Acoustics. They’ll call you and help you match it to your needs & gear before the way build it. It takes up a ton of real estate but it’s worth it. Keep in mind the D90SE measures amazingly and a tube it won’t, that said the Anode no.1...
  5. TOOdamnFRANK

PC Gaming Setup / Gear

What’s your endgame gear for PC Gaming? Im currently using a Topping D90SE DAC, Topping A90D Amp, Blue Yeti Pro Mic, & HD800S Headphones, but I’m always curious to try new headphones / potential upgrades. Anyone want to share their current setup or have any suggestions for something new to try...
  6. TOOdamnFRANK

SMSL SH-9 & SU-9 new in Box ($400)

New in box SMSL SU-9 & SH-9 for sale. I have the items posted on the offer up app to make it easier / just so the items are guaranteed and the sale goes smoothly. If interested here is the link: https://offerup.co/FNEeoR6Bfwb
  7. TOOdamnFRANK

How to Support Audio Science Review

Wahoo I got one already. That was quick.
  8. TOOdamnFRANK

How to Support Audio Science Review

Just donated today and I was wondering when I will get my fancy little donor / supporter title next to my username? Also I don’t post much, if at all, but I do visit the forums multiple times a day to browse through various discussions and Amir’s reviews (which are by far my favorite part). I’ve...
  9. TOOdamnFRANK

Hifiman Sundara vs Ananda

Not sure what price they're offering you, but it's always risky to buy from a private party because then you're not under warranty as you're not the one making the purchase. Hi-fi man has quality control issues so you'll want the warranty for sure. You can currently use the “new years code” even...
  10. TOOdamnFRANK

Hifiman Sundara vs Ananda

Having owned both I can say they do have a few similarities in their charts, but they are also different beasts. The Anada are an upgrade in my book, especially for only $650 on sale, their performance upgrade is worth the extra cost. The have a lower bass extension by about 10hz, still nothin...
  11. TOOdamnFRANK

Help with DAC & Amplifier pairings. (Drop, SMSL, Schiit, Topping, THX,...)

Thanks. That’s what I was hoping to hear. My OCD is killing me because they’re not “made” to pair by the same Company but the SMSL has all of the tech goodies I wanted and tested really well on the reviews I saw here. I’m hoping the DAC won’t color the sound too much, I saw it has settings if I...
  12. TOOdamnFRANK

I’ve read the review here. Over and over. Haha. Was hoping someone had some first hand experience maybe with the pairing I’m going to have. The review is what gives me pause of the SP400 as the comments after show it kind of lacks in terms of volume / doesn’t really seem to output 12watts like...
  13. TOOdamnFRANK

As far as sound preferences go, I like a big soundstage (nothing fake and overblown, but nice and expansive for gaming) and I prefer something with really good imaging, separation, and precision (for locating enemies in game and because I like being able to locate instrument and feel like they...
  14. TOOdamnFRANK

I’m fairly new to this whole world of home audio / audiophile products / headphones (less than 1.5 years or so) and my first real / external Amp & DAC stack was a Schiit Modi & Magni 3+. Since then I have moved on and purchased a Drop THX 789 with a Drop Grace SDAC that I did not care for. Right...
Top Bottom