Recent content by TonyNL

1. TonyNL

Benchmark DAC3 HGC vs RME ADI-2 FS for desktop DAC/headphone amp?

I'm using similar class equipment to drive my headphones. My suggestion is wait for the coming Holo May DAC WITH a headphone amplifier (mentioned by YT channel Golden Sound).
  2. TonyNL

Parametric EQ settings for Susvara

This is a hard one. Try the Audeze 5 and the Susvara before you buy, but for many this is not easy, if not impossible... Maybe you can sell yours first, if you want something different, but if you are fine with the LCD4s. The answer is maybe no. You MUST know why you are upgrading, otherwise you...
  3. TonyNL

a 2nd SP400 as Preamp to power the SUSVARA

I went straight to a speaker power amp. No regret, but it's so good. Maybe I will look into a R2R DAC :)
  4. TonyNL

Yes, I know that talk. So I didn't bought an amp, coz I thought an AAA789 with 6watt should do, but having sound doesn't mean the sound has quality. After 8 weeks switching between my RME ADI2 dac and AAA789. I know it's a waste. So I upgraded my amp.
  5. TonyNL

Great! Sure I will read more about that person and try his settings :D btw Amir changed my world not only in choosing sound equipment, but practically everything in my life... I think I am changed a little bit. Thanks you all guys, your work enlights me!
  6. TonyNL

One of the most anticipated headphone review is the Hifiman Susvara. Does it live up to the legend status technically? It was too bad that I couldn't wait and bought one before a future review here. Do anybody have some Roon player parametric EQ settings for the Susvara in style of Amir?
  7. TonyNL

I assume you already own the SP400 before buying the Susvara, otherwise it doesn't make sense. Susvara is really really power hungry. There were sound coming out from my RME ADI-2 DAC fs and AAA789, but you can tell it's not going well. There is no depth, "power" or soundstage. It's just dead...
  8. TonyNL

Fiio A5 Portable Headphone Amp Review

Please make an Amazon affiliated account. I am sure a lot people want to support you this way! (like me:D)
  9. TonyNL

Sennheiser HDV-820 USB DAC & Headphone Amp Review

Are you talking about the Blue Hawaii Special Edition? I own a Stax L700 + SR353x, which is my best sounding combo in house at this moment, but I like the Stax so much that I want to upgrade to 009s with a BHSE. I had only limited experience with 009s and never experienced the BHSE in real. Do...
  10. TonyNL

Review and Measurements of E1DA 9038S BAL Portable DAC & Amp

Of course everyone will start googling this. It's not easy, but you can start here: https://e1dashz.wixsite.com/index It's very similar and shares the same model name 9038S.
  11. TonyNL

Review and Measurements of Monoprice THX Desktop DAC & Amp

Is the noise at this level audible with a very detailed headphone? Like a planar or better asked what kind level of headphone do you need before you start to hear any difference?
Top Bottom