Recent content by TonyJZX

1. T

Phone as DAP?

where i am you can buy brand name phones with 8gb ram 128gb nvram for around $100 usd w/ acceptable 3.5mm performance but i mean with bluetooth it barely matters 256gb sd cards are like $25? heaps of rooms to store music w/ foobar and just bulk copy files over
  2. T

David Lynch's Dune 1984 - that beautiful glorious diasaster

i actually like 'new' Dune quite a bit more than I thought... or want to I'm a 1984 Lynch McLachlan diehard but there is something good about this new one however yes, i also beleive the new one is strangely quite 'leadened'.. its shot like a 'documentary'... it floats from scene to scene...
  3. T

New Sony Headphones

this thread is a good example of pre existing prejudices it seems like Sony are marketing this a "gaeming" headset but there's maybe inadvertently some decent DNA in the background there reports out there show that is not even a mediocre set... its actually quite a reasonable piece of...
  4. T

XBOX ONE controller as a USB DAC... WHAAAAATTTT?

its not as terrible as you would think i personally found it slightly sibliant and a bit crashy but overall if you're hard up for a HP amp then this can work what i didnt like is that its 16/48 only and it only auto resamples on a whim so i couldnt get foobar to go but YT music is fine i'm...
  5. T

Why no cheap AVRs from Topping / SMSL etc.

a recipient of a lifetime achievement for service to arts here made a thread that details a lot of what the OP wants... https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/lamenting-the-lack-of-good-quality-budget-a-v-preamplifier-processors.28500/ its well worth a look thru i think it...
  6. T

Which deceased musicians you miss the most and wish were still alive?

i think someone like Michael Jackson largely fulfilled their life work... ie. they died when they were done with their career? and so with that, I would Amy Winehouse she had a lot more than 2 albums in her also 27 y.o?
  7. T

Fosi v3 Mono | TPA3255 PFFB | Balanced | [First Look from Fosi FB]

two things if they're doing so much wrong why are you even here? this is like going into an EV owners group and telling everyone why ICE is better 2ndly i'm scared this isnt a troll post... i love big class A/Bs with toroidals but what relevance does that have here?
  8. T

Wild and wacky gear from the PRC

you guys probably wont be surprised to find out these guys are not saying anything you wouldnt expect they are querying crossovers, the fact this is tri-wire, the general huge line arrays and whether they are all that useful, cabinet structure and if the cabinets break apart for transport...
  9. T

Bands you just didn't 'get' initially

the fleetwood mac thing i would agree with when i was a kid it seemed like they were already old lol and the whole stevie nicks, lindsay buckingham, mcvies kind of 'drama' dominated - also majorly radio friendly... i reemmeber working at a radio station and this stuff would be piped into...
  10. T

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

they suddenly added the MC101 that no one asked for so i reckon they could add VUs and trim knobs on the next one https://fosiaudio.com/products/fosi-audio-mc101-bluetooth-amplifier
  11. T

Looking for a decent entry DAC for desktop use

you guys have $30 burgers? i kid.. one thing I note is that these devices use MINI-USB which is pretty anachronistic but may give an idea as to age the fact that the owner here says its drops in and out may annoy some it depends how much you guys can tolerate janky electronics i have the...
  12. T

Mofi StudioPhono Stage Review

thats the nature of the beast right? vinyl just doesnt have the dynamic range of redbook?
  13. T

Mofi StudioPhono Stage Review

Well I've never seen such vulgarity in my life. I'm sure its just a result of dealing with those 'Mofo' dipswitches I guess...
  14. T

SMSL DO100 PRO - HDMI ARC DAC

its because Sony and Microsoft want to very closely limit what devices can be hooked up to their closed ecosystem and ext. dacs are very very niche but back to the DO200 " 12 x CS43131? " twelve dacs??? like wat?
  15. T

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

ironically they make a matching dac with xlr out...
Top Bottom