Recent content by tomtrp

1. T

Resolve's B&K 5128 Headphone Target - you can try the EQ's.....

could you please share a txt output file from REW for your 5128 based target? thank you!
  2. T

Dan Clark Expanse Headphone Review

@amirm could you please attach the frequency response data of the Expanse like usual?
  3. T

Beyerdynamic DT150 Review (Closed Back Headphone)

you know what, the funny thing is that their advertisement in China is so successful that the Beyer is a reference brand for neutrality and ''flatness'', because of the history of the brand and its a German brand, while in fact beyerdynamic headphones and iems are mostly V shaped and the treble...
  4. T

Schiit Freya+ Pre-amp Review

Great to see the crosstalk measurement back (since Benchmark HPA4)!!! Would it be possible to see the crosstalk measurment for Topping A90/A90 Discrete, Singxer SA-1 etc?
  5. T

MASSDROP X Focal ELEX Review (headphone)

the voice coil wire issue is indeed easy to fix but the Elex also has significant driver imbalance QC issue. Focal did a terrible QC job for the Elear and Elex.
  6. T

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

I generally agree with you. However, if you look at the cross talk performance, the A90 Discrete has a solid improvement from -102~-105 of A90 to -113~-116. Though -102~-105 should be transparent, but it will be interesting to see if people can tell the difference as lots of people in hifi...
  7. T

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

Now it is interesting to have a proper controlled listening test of A90 OP VS A90 Discrete to see if there is any audible difference.
  8. T

Not sure I like Harman curve

I played around with peq with data from asr, oratory, crinacle, autoeq a lot with a lot of expensive or cheap headphones. (I tried tuning on hd800, hd800s, hd6xx, hd600, hifiman sundara, arya, he1000v2, he6sev2, Ananda, beyerdynamic t1 first gen, dt990, T90, DT1990, focal utopia, focal clear...
  9. T

Next level headphone above Sennheiser HD 650 and Beyerdynamics DT 1990

beyers, especially older beyers like dt880 dt990 T1 have very high q peaks and dips from 6-10k, which makes these headphones terrible for eq. if you use higher Q compensations for those peaks, you have to be quite precise at the frequency, if you use low q filters, to compensate our the...
  10. T

Sennheiser HD660s - divisive headphones

Hi, I wonder if the dip around 60hz real or really a measurement artifect? similar things happen in HD800/s measurement as well. I tried a 60hz 1db peak eq on HD800 (upon a 3-4db Harman13 style low shelf) and the bass sounds actually better.
  11. T

Moondrop Blessing 2 Review (IEM)

Honestly, I don't trust crinacle's measurement anymore, at least not for creating peq profiles. Crinacle's GRAS43 measurement(as well as headphone.com/resolve's measurement) deviates quite a bit from Amir's GRAS45 and to my ears, Amir's measurements usually correlate with my listening much...
  12. T

10 Stages of Reading Headphone Measurements (by Resolve)

Resolve is right, I have many headphones from cheap and expensive like hd6xx to HD800, Clear, Arya, Susvara etc and I do like to try and tune PEQ in Rew with multiple data sources from ASR, crinacle, oratory, autoeq... The ideal/optimal target response for each individual will surely have...
  13. T

Choosing a closed back headphone (+poll)

LCD-21 XC is OK with stock tuning, but with some proper PEQ they sound really really good and isolation from noise is also decent.
  14. T

Out for a few more days

Hope everything gets better for you as SOON as possible, Amir !
Top Bottom