Recent content by tomtoo

1. tomtoo

UWAYKEY: Can an $18 Amplifier Be Any Good?

There are many tube amps out there that measuring more worse, have less power, no BT or usb. And the owners think paying 1k is absolutly ok.
  2. tomtoo

Repeatedly blowing channels on MCA-50 amp?

If I blow always with that speaker my amp, i would be sceptical about that speaker.
  3. tomtoo

Repeatedly blowing channels on MCA-50 amp?

What center speaker you use?
  4. tomtoo

UWAYKEY: Can an $18 Amplifier Be Any Good?

For me looks like the 4ohm power is determined by the 3amp powersupply not the amp.
  5. tomtoo

ASR burning the wrong witches?

Recording and mixing, was always and will allways be part of the art.
  6. tomtoo

drinking destiller water

A tds measurement tells you not much about how healty your drinking water is. https://www.aquasana.com/info/tds-meter-what-is-it-and-do-you-need-it-pd.html It tells you more how good your water is for your washingmaschine.
  7. tomtoo

Power cables with good review.

If you feel better with thats ok, but sound it will not change.
  8. tomtoo

Power cables with good review.

Get a electric safe cable. Thats it, well done. Forgett about power cables.
  9. tomtoo

Why do we need Xovers (anymore)?

If non scientists talk about synergy or quantum effects its usually bullshit.
  10. tomtoo

Why do we need Xovers (anymore)?

Thats what a dsp does. Signal comes in, gets split by the gods of math into Frequenzebands. Then send to different ad converters.
  11. tomtoo

Tomorrow is a very big day! James Webb Scope is headed out.

For german speaking readers. Amazing! We look into magellan cloud as it would be nearby stars.
  12. tomtoo

Ringing in ears, how to EQ it out.

I was not sure about his description. If its tinnitus its clear a eq wont help.
  13. tomtoo

Sure but if it is tinitus a eq wont help, if your ear is just oversensitive at some fr or fr band, a eq could help. I dont know what it is. My left ear is oversensitive in the 4k region, so eq helps.
  14. tomtoo

If you mean you ear is oversensitive to a frequence, best is to lokate this fr with a tonegenerator.
  15. tomtoo

Can you choose a great speaker by its frequency response?

The on axis fr alone tells nearly nothing.
Top Bottom