Recent content by TomekNet

1. TomekNet

The kit we bought, our current setups

Hahahaha! Yeah... but he didn't know that the cardboard was temporary until custom made cabinet comes in. And it just did! All gear is now hidden
  2. TomekNet

NAD C298 Stereo Amplifier Review

I run both NAD C298 and Buckeye power amps in my system (and also Audiophonics gear on Purifi and Hypex). If I were buying power amps again I'd just go all-Buckeye Amps and save some cash.
  3. TomekNet

For surround effects-only they are good enough for me. There isn't much choice of very low profile wall-mounted speakers anyway. And low profile was a wife acceptance factor / requirement :)
  4. TomekNet

My living room hybrid stereo & HT system upgraded in a new living place: Current specs: [Sources] Music: Spotify 320kbps → Audioserver → S/PDIF, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Evo → Phono In, Movies & TV: Apple TV 4K → HDMI 2.1 → LG C9 65" OLED [A/V Processing] Denon AVC-X3700H (used in...
  5. TomekNet

Ikea SYMFONISK Picture Frame Speaker Review

I doubt that. I believe you may add One speakers as sourrounds or rears only. But I'm not 100% sure.
  6. TomekNet

Official KEF Ci5160REF -THX spinorama

Are those bass traps behind dry wall? How does it look exactly?
  7. TomekNet

It's a solid wall that I can't dig into, unfortunately. But meanwhile I might have figured out some kind of solution / workaround. Sonos has recently released a new low-end sound bar - Sonos Ray. It's $280 and has Toslink input what AFAIK makes it the cheapest Sonos component with digital...
  8. TomekNet

Amazing setup! Btw, may I ask about your LR and subwoofers location decision? Wasn't it worth to put LR a bit wider (ie "outside" of subs) to have more stereo separation and then put subwoofer closer to screen? Did subwoofers with fixed position (no "subwoofer crawl" possible) required lot of...
  9. TomekNet

Have you prepared any enclosures / boxes for it behind the wall? If yes, how many liters?
  10. TomekNet

I'm currently using LMS with AirPlay Bridge plugin as a "bridge" between my multi-room audio system and several Sonos One speakers I have, connected with WiFi. It works most of the time, but it doesn't work as flawless as my passive speaker / wired zones. I can't sync those wireless zones with...
  11. TomekNet

It's not an issue of power delivery / speaker electronics location, but sound source and control. My multi-room audio setup has two output options per each audio zone: a) high output from inbuild class D amp or b) digital output as S/PDIF coax. So I guess the only reasonable approach would be...
  12. TomekNet

Thanks, but it seems that most of that design is ~10-12 cm deep and if such a speaker would get required WAF I would just go for Monitor Audio SoundFrame 1, Dali Oberon On-Wall, Quadral Signum Phase or DSL Flatbox. Beauty of the IKEA speaker is it only has 6 cm od depth, it seems to sound great...
  13. TomekNet

Has anyone tried to hack / make Symfonisk Picutre Frame a passive speaker? I have several Sonos speakers and I like Sonos system in general, but in new location I'd like to use two of those IKEA wall speakers as a part of my whole house multi-room system (that has it's own amps). I really like...
  14. TomekNet

Center speaker "upgrade" to in-wall, any thoughts?

I'm buying this apartment so I'm free to do any changes. And I will wire everything for sure during its light renovation / repainting (including surround in-wall and Atmos in-ceiling speakers)
  15. TomekNet

Center speaker "upgrade" to in-wall, any thoughts?

Hi! I currently have a 7.2.4 HT speaker system powered by Purifi nad Hypex amps, with KEF R3's and R2c as LCR. Soon I'll be moving in to a new apartment and I'd like to move all my AV-electronics into a hidden locker in the corner of the living room, clearing out the space under my oled TV. For...
Top Bottom