Recent content by tomeh

1. T

KEF R3 Speaker Review

Interesting regarding the 100-200 hz comments as I always check my EQ when Mastering in this range as a slight (I mean very slight) trim around 200 hz can make a huge difference between sounding muddy or clean and it points to our sensitivity and processing in this range.
  2. T

Perceptual Effects of Room Reflections

I'm talking about hitting the highest nail here and having a target. "Now there is an infinite number of consumer's playback systems, rooms, cars ......" Yes, an endless amount of large objects in the room has a negative effect. Large cavities and recesses have a negative effect. Four mid-wall...
  3. T

Perceptual Effects of Room Reflections

What is largest wildcard from location to location and playback system to playback system? What is hardest thing to tame in a room? If you haven't designed, measured, refined and verified that you have the <300hz region in control, you'll never know if you need correction, have made proper...
  4. T

Kii Three, how to adapt studio acoustic treatment

Hello everyone. A couple of observations for you around your thoughts; 1. As a studio owner my objective has never changed. I want/need to hear as clearly as possible my recording capture including the information from the room it was recorded in (effected by my choice of microphone...
  5. T

Behringer DEQ2496 Ultracurve Pro DSP Review

Yep, It should have been revision; A,B,C,D,E, ........ As I said "Nada, never happened. Behringer is asleep."
  6. T

Behringer DEQ2496 Ultracurve Pro DSP Review

I have used several of these throughout the years and for many years there wasn't really anything comparable. Ditto the DcX2496 active crossover. It is/was an incredible value and look at when it was made, most electronics from the same era are long gone. Are you still running that Pentium III...
  7. T

I just heard the future of Magnepan! We all win...

I listen to these this fall at the Toronto Audio Fest. Basically it appears to be adapting open baffle bass with DSP processing. So look at the late Mr. Linkwitz's info on his and start your DSP experiments. :-) https://linkwitzlab.com/LX521/Description.htm It sounded very good by itself but...
  8. T

New driver concept from Ilumnia

I listened to them Saturday at the Toronto Audio Show. First source was a turntable with an older (maybe 60"s??) LP and it first reminded me of the Ohm series with the mid pointed up. Then a server was the source and it wasn't impressive. Then back to an LP that was newer, cleaner and quieter...
  9. T

Does Phase Distortion/Shift Matter in Audio? (no*)

And would the sum of many steps/stages not create and unpredictable result? COuld you not daisy chain many filters to simulate it and then listen for perceived differences?
  10. T

Selah Audio Purezza Review

Great job. I just made a small paypal contribution to help the cause. Have you considered or already measured your room moving ahaed just 1 foot and adjusting the toe in to match? Room simulation predicts that you will flatten out the bass a little and the 125 dip a lot? Cheers, T eh
  11. T

What if you don't have calibrated microphones?

Hi, I just came across your great post while looking for some CAD M179 info. I approached this in the slightly different way a few years ago as well. The only change was that when Logic Pro came out with thier Match EQ plug-in, I used it instead of REW. I ran pink noise through one of my...
  12. T

What volume should be used for Room Correction reading/calibration?

I want it effective at the most critical area that I'll be mixing and mastering, 85 db spl, C weighting. Therefore I measure and calibrate everything for this. See Bob Katz explanation of calibration and the "K System." Search for An Integrated Approach to Metering, Monitoring, and Levelling...
  13. T

Does Phase Distortion/Shift Matter in Audio? (no*)

What was the low frequency limit engaged on the 2 way? Thanks
  14. T

The Future of Mastering

Hi Saidera. I can only speak from my own experience which 54 years as a musician, 50 recording at various times, 25 mixing, 12 mastering and 48 years as a Electrical/Elctronics Technologist. Stereo music playback (and surround) is a wonderful illusion that tries it's best to trick our brain...
  15. T

Kii THREE versus KII THREE/BXT

"sweetsounds "It is a great speaker, the cardoid bass really makes a difference. But listening to music is about creating emotions and "being there" is important to my listening experience."" That is certainly interesting to me as I was just finishing the mix on a live chamber group with piano...
Top Bottom