Recent content by tomchris

1. tomchris

what are your industrial design favorites?

Well, now I have:) Nice! It seems that they have picked up quite a few styling cues from the interior of 2005 Ford GT.
  2. tomchris

New ASR logo proposal

@Chagall;) Your volume knob logo variants are my favorite so far. Here is a variantion, depicting your efforts 'design by committee'
  3. tomchris

New ASR logo proposal

Just came across these pages. What can I say?:facepalm: I am still laughing:D 15 Worst Logos That Were Still Somehow Approved 40 Graphic Designers Who Should Have Thought Twice Before Putting These Logos Out For The World To See
  4. tomchris

Also a nice amplifier :) I have always preferred the look of the TacT/Lyngdorf milled aluminium faceplate design. The later Lyngdorf/Steinway faceplate design seems cheap and plasticky to me.
  5. tomchris

I have been toying with the idea myself. All black anodized, including wheel and buttons.
  6. tomchris

New ASR logo proposal

A continuous line, resembling a waveform. Nothing more, nothing less.;)
  7. tomchris

New ASR logo proposal

@Chagall, I like the most simple variant of the original logo. Although, it reminds me of a Boba Fett helmet, for some reason:) However, I am also reminded of the Mercedes logo, representing the company’s drive for universal motorization. The star's three points represent land, sea and air. My...
  8. tomchris

New ASR logo proposal

Yes, taste is subjective, but of all the colors available, why brown as the main forum color? The 2nd and present Instragram logo, designed by Cole Rise, was inspired by a Bell & Howell camera. The first Instragram logo started out as an image of a Polaroid OneStep camera.
  9. tomchris

Vitamin D & Optimal Health

Have some of you checked your vitamin D status, i.e. nmol/L, resently? Near the end, the late Robert P. Heaney talks about nine vitamin D scientists taking average 5500 IU per day. The last 5 years or so, I started to suffer from abdominal pain, frequent urination, dehydration, headaches...
  10. tomchris

New ASR logo proposal

@Timmeon's logo reminds me of the old NCR logos (NCR Corporation, previously known as National Cash Register) : A little too generic.
  11. tomchris

New ASR logo proposal

I must say again, that I like Proposal A. It retains the characteristics of a waveform in a stylistic form, while conveying an initialism. Unfortunately, I just feel a stronger sense of a 'V' instead of a 'S', suggesting 'AVR' instead of 'ASR'. If the 'S' shape could be clearer then the clarity...
  12. tomchris

New ASR logo proposal

Great work, @Chagall! Like @albertop, I must say that the shape of the letter S in proposal A is visibly comprimised. I also think it is important to retain the meaning of the logo when it is conveyed in monochrome. That being said, I prefer version A. Why? Well, I like the idea of a...
  13. tomchris

Yes, these reel-to-reel players are nice :) It is unfortunate that the tradition in audio equipment to relegate all fuctionality to a slim front plate has prevailed for so long, when much equipment has been designed to be used in a non-stacked setting.
Top Bottom