Recent content by Tom09

1. T

Desktop speakers mainly for gaming and listening to music

Just set up the Elacs DBR 62 and Loxjie A30. Bought the K&M 26772 stands which I might sent back and replace by ISO 155. K&M are great. They don't use a lot of space and I could put something under the speakers if needed but the stands do swing like crazy when I induce vibrations by gently...
  2. T

ALLM just turns off all the unnecessary processing automatically to reduce latency to a minimum. ALLM is not necessary. But I am still surprised that there isn't such a device. There are only small DACs/amps with HDMI eARC. But no single one with HDMI input and HDMI output (capable of 4k...
  3. T

I have come across another issue. I initially planned to set up my Nintendo Switch and a Xbox Series X on my desk while the latter is not in my possession so far. But I just found out that Microsoft blocked the audio output via USB on the XSX. Probably to make some extra money through licensed...
  4. T

Yesterday I made the final decision. I decided to go with the Loxjie A30 because it's small, looks nice, has a volume control and bluetooth, it's cheap and it's not crap from a technical point of view. It arrived today and I immediately tested if there are noises produced by the power supply or...
  5. T

I decided to go passive. I already laid my eyes on almost brand new Elac DBR 62 on the used market for half the price. Assuming I want to go with Topping, there are still two problems. Which Bluetooth capable DAC to pair with the PA3s or PA5? How can I connect a subwoofer if I want one in the...
  6. T

Topping D10s USB DAC and Bridge Review

Good to know, thank you. But I made one mistake. I ignored the fact that the D10S does not have an additional power supply. It gets it's power only via USB port :D
  7. T

Topping D10s USB DAC and Bridge Review

Is it possible to use the USB input of the D10S to connect it to a phone and use the phone as media source (not as power source) to avoid a device that is Bluetooth capable?
  8. T

What would be the benefit of D3020v2 + Topping D10s over the NAD D3045 which I could connect directly to the PC via USB? Isn't it better to keep the number of components as low as possible?
  9. T

I've done some more research but still totally uncertain. The NAD d3020v2 doesn't have a USB input, right? My Asrock X300 doesn't have a optical output. I have to use USB. Thus I need to choose the NAD D3045 instead, right? I saw your thread. I like your solution. But Elac dbr 62 + NAD D3045 is...
  10. T

Hi guys, I am reading in this forum for 2 weeks now I would say and still can't figure out the direction I should go :D I am looking for a speaker set up for my desktop. 1500€ for speaker + DAC (with Bluetooth). But can be much cheaper too if it meets my needs. I will use it for working from...
Top Bottom