Recent content by Tom C

1. Tom C

Help me create a personalized EQ tool

I am very happy with my Personi-fi enabled JBL Tour Pro 2 ear buds.
  2. Tom C

JBL 705P / 708P

You have optical in on the Lyngdorf. You can test right now with that to see if it works. If it does, there’s no reason to think it wouldn’t work with a miniDSP.
  3. Tom C

JBL 705P / 708P

The Lyngdorf has L&R analog line out, which the owner manual says can be used to drive two subs. I assume you have the version of F12SE that does not have outputs (there is a version available that does have output connectors). If so, you may be able to contact Lyngdorf or your dealer to ask...
  4. Tom C

Douk Audio P1PLUS is coming!--Strange or Amazing?

I have to agree. I like Douk products and have several in my home, but please lose the tubes. Or at least make it so I can switch the tubes out of the circuit.
  5. Tom C

1970s and 1980s Students! Reveal yourselves

Howard Jones U2, especially Joshua Tree Bananarama Heart (eponymous)
  6. Tom C

The quest for my hyper speaker - Very Large room dilemma

I’m OK with being wrong. Not that I like it, of course I don’t, but I’ve learned to accept it because I’ve been wrong so often.
  7. Tom C

RIP member Scott Wurcer

Scott was a giant. Terribly sad .
  8. Tom C

Cat News?

Too funny Andy!
  9. Tom C

I only mean to say that this is the conclusion from recent research, and all research dating back 100 years.
  10. Tom C

The only comment I would add to those of our learned and well respected colleague @thewas is that the only thing uncompromising about hi-end audiophile speakers is the cost. I’m curious as to why you lump studio monitor with hi-end audio, since the markets are quite different. Hi-end, the...
  11. Tom C

Isn’t there some research data supporting the notion that more channels is more better? Like from the 1930’s and everything after?
  12. Tom C

JBL Eon 715: Matching 718S Subwoofer: Current price retail in US$: $550 pre EACH for 715; $1149 per each for sub $3400 US dollars for two speakers and two subs. This was what I got, but was 6xx series (last generation), and it rocks, as you may expect. JBL and Yamaha have been direct...
  13. Tom C

Advice wanted: Taking over an HiFi Store

I’ve sometimes wondered if you could at least break even with a lounge. Cozy, intimate, comfortable seating, serve drinks, nice wine list, some food items, and have different rooms, each with its own system, like retro hifi phonograph/tape machine, then an all digital, two-channel SOTA room...
  14. Tom C

A Real, Audiophile-Grade, Solution for Hearing Loss on All Devices

I think this is an extremely interesting project, and hope it will be a useful and popular product. I’ve had just two similar products in the past. One was built into the native music player app in an HTC phone (now defunct), and the other is part of the iOS app for JBL earbuds. In both...
  15. Tom C

JBL 705P / 708P

I am in no way any kind of expert to be advising on the technical merits and feasibility of one design vs. another. But as a casual enthusiast… If you trim the 708’s by -7dB, they should match the output of the 705’s, going by what is reported on the spec sheets supplied by JBL. They will be...
Top Bottom