Recent content by Toku

1. Toku

Topping PA3 Review (Stereo Amplifier)

In my understanding, the PA3 is a model that has already been discontinued and has been discontinued. It seems that there is still distribution stock in the market, but it is not as popular as products such as AIYIMA. The PA3s is the successor model and one of the two RCA inputs has been...
  2. Toku

Topping E50 Review (Balanced DAC)

The issue of maximizing volume when lowering the volume level to -99 when playing DSD on the E50 has been resolved by a firmware update from Topping. Please download the update file from the following. https://www.topping.audio/newsinfo/554010.html
  3. Toku

I also purchased the D30 Pro, but returned it because the PCM 384kHz did not play properly and the sound was mixed with noise. I have not received any information that the symptoms have improved since then. I use three E30s that are manufactured at different times. To be honest, the sound...
  4. Toku

As soon as the Topping E50 I ordered arrived, I performed the operation test, so I will report the result. Until now, I mainly used E30 and D10s D10 Balanced for DAC, but I bought the newly released E50 because it can also play MQA. Immediately after arriving, I checked all the basic...
  5. Toku

AIYIMA A05 Review (Budget Amplifier)

The pop noise issue talks about A05. There is no problem with A07. The measurement conditions are slightly different between the A07 measurement and the A05 measurement. Since A05 is measured with the volume set to MAX, THD + N will be slightly worse.
  6. Toku

AIYIMA A05 Review (Budget Amplifier)

I bought this A05 and used it while comparing it with several types of amplifiers such as AIYIMA A07/A04, but the actual sound quality of the A05 is not inferior to them at all. For general use, it is easier to use than A07/A04 due to tone control and BT. Especially when listening at low volume...
  7. Toku

S.M.S.L DA-9 vs AO200?

I plugged in some USB audio devices and tried to see what the balance window would look like. The AO200 is displayed as L-R, but there are cases where it is displayed as 1 and 2 or the balance window is not displayed. As you say, only AO200 works in the opposite way to the L-R display. When a...
  8. Toku

S.M.S.L DA-9 vs AO200?

I read his post and tested the AO200 many times with two Windows 10 PCs and a USB connection, but the R-Lch was fine. The problem is that the letters L-R are reversed in the balance adjustment of Windows 10. I explained to him that this is a Windows 10 bug and has nothing to do with the AO200.
  9. Toku

APPARENTLY DEFECTIVE S.M.S.L AO200

I have tested the AO200 many times with two Windows 10 PCs and a USB connection and the R-Lch is fine. The music players used in Test are Groove Music and Media Player for Windows, and Foober2K and TuneBrowser. Therefore, you should think that there is another cause for AO200 without any...
  10. Toku

SMSL DA9 - Wait and see, or solid buy?

It's great that you noticed and pointed out the effects of high frequency noise in measuring DC offset voltage. And trying various things is a very good experience. I hope your report will be of great help to everyone in the forum. I didn't explain much when I first pointed out the problem with...
  11. Toku

SMSL DA9 - Wait and see, or solid buy?

What you insist is common sense for those who are knowledgeable about electronic circuits, and of course you should be careful when making measurements. When measuring the DC offset voltage of a switching amplifier such as Class D, it is necessary to consider the high frequency noise contained...
  12. Toku

Topping D10 Balanced Review (USB DAC)

My 10b has no such symptoms. The sound quality is exactly the same as the D10s.
  13. Toku

Dual Merus MA12070 Amplifier Sabaj A20 fully balanced : pictures inside )

I think that the usage you say is common, but when using the A20a as a power amplifier, raise the volume to -00 and use it.
  14. Toku

Dual Merus MA12070 Amplifier Sabaj A20 fully balanced : pictures inside )

Thank you for the inside photo of A20a. The A20a has a slightly higher noise than other products when the volume is maximized, and the noise sounds like switching noise rather than general white noise (also called hiss noise). In the case of a class D amplifier, noise does not increase in...
  15. Toku

Loxjie A30 Amplifier Review

The Loxjie A30's MA12070 amplifier chip can output 35W/26V (8Ω, 1kHz, THD+N=1%) power with a BTL connection. The power adapter that comes with the A30 has a 24V output, so the power will drop a little, but your speaker's efficiency is as high as 90dB, so you should be able to drive it reliably...
Top Bottom