Recent content by toddverrone

1. T

Hideous Sounds - Your healthy dose of noise and distortion.

Sonic madness! Parts of Tibetan Buddhist ceremonies often have a similar sound, with discordant noise and cacophony intended to invoke and harness what Western religions would call demons.
  2. T

Hideous Sounds - Your healthy dose of noise and distortion.

sounds like Yasanao Tone, Merzbow, Kevin Drumm.. noise is an interesting genre best experienced live.
  3. T

Hypex Ncore NC502MP - audible hum on one channel?

It sounds like you have a faulty module in your amp. I would contact the manufacturer regarding a replacement board.
  4. T

Is the subwoofer plugged into the same electrical outlet as your amps? Sometimes you can get a ground loop if things are plugged into different circuits, or even different areas on the same circuit, and are connected by single ended interconnects or balanced interconnects that aren't connected...
  5. T

Check to see if the Y-splitter is causing the hum. Take the y-splitters out of your system and hook everything up as it was before you installed the splitters and sub. If the hum/buzz is still present, then it's not the splitter's fault and the hum is caused elsewhere. If the hum goes away...
  6. T

US manufacturers using Purifi amp

I think we were riding the same thought wave there...
  7. T

US manufacturers using Purifi amp

not just class D, anything with such small, surface mount components. pretty much all modern electronics, unfortunately. Thankfully, you can usually swap out boards and continue using the same case and (maybe) power supply
  8. T

How holographic can a soundstage be?

Yosi is incredible at sound design. His newest album (https://yosihorikawa.bandcamp.com/album/spaces) is slightly less sound design flex and a bit more music-focused while still keeping the same attention to detail. It's always nice to discover others who enjoy the same music!
  9. T

ESS & AKM DAC lineups, what specs matter?

Or the specs of the Soncoz SDG1.. it's in the top 5 of all DACs tested and uses the ESS 9038Q2M, not the 9039PRO. Good engineering gets you that last bit of performance... or makes your product a bit of a bother. The details like devilled eggs. Or something like that...
  10. T

I have only had experience with ICEpower class D modules, but they were dead silent. No hum, no hiss. I'd expect Ncore to be the same. I definitely think you're being dealt with in a less than honorable fashion.
  11. T

Measurements & What We Hear?

https://blog.landr.com/how-to-use-a-compressor/#:~:text=What%20is%20compression%20in%20music,sound%20natural%20on%20a%20recording. Don't make a mystery out of an established audio processing technique. There are likely less black holes than you think...
  12. T

DAC for TIDAL Master - Meridian Explorer v1 DAC / Ztella MQA DAC / Hiby FC3 / IFI ZEN DAC / Topping D10

I tried Qobuz but cancelled after a month as their offerings of modern music are significantly fewer than Tidal. As much as I dislike MQA, I’m not going to forgo a better selection of music just to stick it to the man.
  13. T

(Audiophile) americana and country music? Who likes it? Recommendations?

I second The Carolina Chocolate Drops! Great band of black Americans doing their musical history proud. Iron & Wine - Beast Epic is an incredible Americana album. Amazing song writing, beautiful music and high quality recording/production.
  14. T

Shanling UP4 Review (DAC & BT Headphone Adapter)

I was hoping this would measure better. Alas, I'll stick with my ES100 mk2. Thanks for the measurements!
  15. T

Review and Measurements of Benchmark AHB2 Amp

I'd be surprised if the benchmark DAC3 is that bad in terms of "space" removal. All the reviews with subjective listening tests are glowing. My guess is there was something wrong with the setup or the DAC. One negative 'review' out of dozens, with the rest being positive doesn't dissuade me. The...
Top Bottom