Recent content by Todd74

1. T

NAD C 399 HybridDigital DAC Amplifier

Need some quick help. I can get a brand new C399 with BluOS for $1899 shipped. Currently I’m using my Denon 6700 in preamp mode with a VTV Hypex 502. Would this be a worthwhile investment? Will I notice an improvement? It’s a nicely treated room by the way. I already have enough...
  2. T

Revel M106 Bookshelf Speaker Review

I would go with the Revels for dual purpose, as HDI would suck some of the life out of the HT experience for me. The sound profile felt more chill than toe-tapping. Personally I would go in the other direction and demo the Revels against something a touch more forward & lively and keep the winner.
  3. T

I listened to them side by side at Audio Advice and thought the HDI’s sounded a little darker/veiled by comparison. Guess it depends what your ears are after.
  4. T

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

I wasn’t demanding anything. I was asking for assistance. I don’t want to know what something is; I want to know why I need it. If it can improve my music listening, then tell me how it improves it. I think that’s a fair enough ask when it involves spending an additional $1500 above & beyond...
  5. T

Yup. I definitely posted a comment looking for honest opinions about the subjective differences people have experienced between the SHD and an AVR just to waste my time…. but I appreciate the comment. You’ve been very helpful. Cheers
  6. T

Respectfully, this still doesn’t address my question. Superior sound in what ways?… and by how many magnitudes of superiority are we talking here? Is it “Yeah I can tell a slight improvement”…… or is it, “WHOA I can’t believe I listened to music on my Denon 6700 and actually thought it sounded...
  7. T

Thank you for the honest answer. I do listen in 2-channel mode, just with Audyssey engaged, as it sounds better than Pure Direct.
  8. T

I appreciate the response, but unfortunately it didn’t address my question. I understand what it does, which you’ve reiterated here. What I need to know is why I need it. Are the results worth it enough to merit an additional $1300 above and beyond my 6700? I already have Audyssey XT32 +...
  9. T

I’m currently using my Denon 6700 in full preamp mode, with Audyssey on, streaming Tidal from Roku to the 6700. Now that my HT is finally finished I can think about dedicating resources to 2-channel listening. My question is: if I get an audio switch and plug the SHD into the chain, what...
  10. T

Thanks Rooskie, I appreciate the post brother. How are you enjoying the Celans? I listened to their Belladonnas for 45 minutes or so at Audio Advice in Raleigh. Those speakers are pretty nuts to say the least. The level of power and attack was astonishing! I had to check the 15” ported...
  11. T

Sorry, didn’t realize every neutral speaker sounds exactly the same as each other to begin with. I’ll cease further posts. Apologies to everyone for the accidental derailment.
  12. T

So arrogant and condescending. So you’re suggesting there are few “critical listeners” among the abundance of people who buy speakers, expensive ones to boot, that don’t measure dead neutral? That’s one of the most absurd statements I’ve ever heard. You actually think people who own 2k, 5k...
  13. T

There’s context & interpretation to this though. What actually IS “normal”? What is “sounding like it was meant to sound”? You and others claim “neutral” is how it should sound bc that’s how it was recorded. Well, respectfully, let me debunk that notion. Have you ever been to a concert? I...
  14. T

Silly to you maybe bc you like a neutral speaker.. but there’s a reason why not every manufacturer makes a neutral speaker and actually has sales from those speakers, and that’s bc not everyone enjoys a neutral speaker. I think I explained my own opinion perfectly well. There’s a reason why...
  15. T

A member here did a home shootout of Ascend Sierra 2 RAAL, Revel Performa3, Focal Aria, Dynaudio Excite X18, and Dynaudio Emit M20. He found Emit M20 to be the most enjoyable, which didn’t surprise me the least. Since he liked Emit so much, I told him to find some Contour 20’s, use the...
Top Bottom