Recent content by Tj99

1. T

Beta-test: DeltaWave Null Comparison software

Thank you very much for this detailed information! Much appreciated :)
  2. T

So just to understand it right: - "Level EQ" and "Phase EQ" corrects changes in frequency and phase differences - "match gain" corrects level differences - "correct clock drift" corrects clock drifts (which only can happen when comparing files coming from different converters) - "subsample...
  3. T

Recommendation: headphone amp (do I need a balanced one?)

Thank you all for your insight! So I think I'll get a balanced one, since they are not a lot more expensive and the interface already has XLR out. This way there are also no real risks of interference, since that sometimes happens where I live. Much appreciated.
  4. T

Yes, but directly connecting a unbalanced device to a balanced one isn't usually a thing to do in a professional studio environment AFAIK. My question is, if there are any downsides to this when connecting a HP amp to an interface with balanced outputs only.
  5. T

Hello there, I am on the search for a simple clean headphone amp to connect to my studio Interface with balanced outputs. I will use headphones like DT880s 250ohm, DT990s and ATH M50x and my budget is around 200€. So according to the reviews I narrowed my search down to - S.M.S.L SH-8s (200€...
  6. T

Thank you very much for the detailed answer! And about the applied EQ+Phase correction? Is there (or will there be) a way to show this?
  7. T

@pkane Thank you very much for this wonderful piece of software, directly donated. I just have 2 questions: 1) Is there a way to see the applied EQ+Phase correction, when activating the option in the "Non-linear Calibration" section? 2) When trying to repeat the measurements on...
  8. T

HEDD Type 20 - studio monitor

Many thanks for the insight! So I was talking about the smoothness, as in my book an overall deviation of -+3,5db seems pretty good in a real world scenario. And we don't know if they used their corrective "Lineariser DSP plugin" when measuring (most probably not) and in which mode they used it...
  9. T

You were asking before if there were white versions, and I replied to you that there are pictures on their website with a link to it. Sorry, that I quoted the wrong post...
  10. T

You can see their Type 07 MK2 in white twice at their main page: HEDD MK2 Monitors & BASS Subwoofers - Heinz Electrodynamic Designs
  11. T

Sorry but I think you're comparing apples to oranges here. First, we're talking about measurements taken in a "normal" listening room, not an anechoic chamber. I suppose the graph on the right was taken in an anechoic chamber. If the second measurement was taken outside an anechoic chamber, how...
  12. T

That is not always true, apart from that, the highs are indeed boosted compared to the midrange with both LF and HF corrections off.
  13. T

Yes, there are even pictures on their site showing them.
  14. T

The FR is within 7db (+-3,5db) above 50Hz with both controls on minimum , this is pretty perfect for a measurement in a well treated room. Most professional rooms cannot even achieve that without room correction software.
  15. T

They are going to be available from January so most probably nobody has them yet.
Top Bottom