Recent content by Timbo2

1. Timbo2

Shenzhenaudio Topping EX5 Review (DAC and Headphone Amplifier)

That's it! Where else but Japan will you be climbing ladders and walking polished wooden floors while holding your shoes in a plastic bag.
  2. Timbo2

Me neither. I was intending to ask a straightforward question as I also can't figure out the original post. I'm not sure why the hostility.
  3. Timbo2

Sorry I wasn't clear. I meant are you aware of D30 knockoffs?
  4. Timbo2

You're not aware of anyone selling a knock-off product are you? When Topping's D10 was poorly cloned it took a while for what actually happened there to become known.
  5. Timbo2

Denon AVR-X3600H AV Receiver Review

You can send them a note, but good luck with that. It's also available iOS so if you or a family member has an Apple device you could try that as well. Good luck!
  6. Timbo2

ANIME.. Anyone?

Way of the House Husband works ok for me with the stilted animation. The entertainment is the jokes. Also lots of word play that doesn’t translate, but they did their best.
  7. Timbo2

ANIME.. Anyone?

Usually there are a few shows a season that I think work for older audiences. But there is lots of repetitive stuff too. Similar to Hollywood's love of sequels. For example, I'm sure we are all waiting expectantly for yet another high school harem comedy this season. Oh wait... Osamake...
  8. Timbo2

ANIME.. Anyone?

Not usually a shounen anime person, but Jujutsu Kaisen really surprised me in a good way. My big surprise of this season is Shadows House. If you like gothic horror I can definitely recommend.
  9. Timbo2

ANIME.. Anyone?

+1 猫耳
  10. Timbo2

Drop + THX Panda Review (headphone)

Useful if one uses them for watching TV so as not to disturb. That said I've found any bluetooth has enough lag to annoy me. You can adjust for it in the settings, but I have adjust them back to my AVR after I'm done with the headphones. Too much of a pain to do regularly.
  11. Timbo2

Allo Boss2 Review (Stereo Streamer)

And if you aren't going to see it and don't need the expensive case you can save $50! (I'm also not suggesting that $50 for a decent aluminum case is unreasonable.)
  12. Timbo2

Headphone Amp + DAC + EQ shelving

Do you have a 3D printer, roughly 20 hours of machine time and about $15US worth of plastic? If so you might be interested in this. The design came from Thingiverse - https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4602320 . It was designed for IoT devices and home routers and switches and the like. For...
  13. Timbo2

ANIME.. Anyone?

Very interesting dystopian Sci-Fi setting and exploration of the concept of "the self" contained within run of the mill plotlines. OTH the lead voice actress Atsuko Tanaka has an awesome and rich voice. She's awesome.
  14. Timbo2

JDS Labs - Subjective 3

I find with my Sen 600 and 650 I get plenty of bass enhancement with the knob at about 2 o'clock without making things like vocals sound unnatural. I normally never touch the middle band unless I'm trying to clean up vocals on a specific track. Nice thing is that it is 2/3rds the price, but it...
  15. Timbo2

JDS Labs - Subjective 3

I don't have any experience with the Loki unfortunately. One thing that was important to me was that when the EQ is bypassed it is completely when not used. For the Subjective 3 the equalizer is mechanically switched (actually a relay I believe) by the front toggle switch in and out of the...
Top Bottom