Recent content by Tim6622

1. Tim6622

I'm tired of my EVGA NU Audio Card.

I've ran into and "fixed" (worked around really) similar issue. I switched my nu audio card to another pc. Old pc had a b350f strix, r5 1600,r9 290 trix, evga 650 white psu. I didn't have any problem with the audio card in that setup, it was used with hd58x and an Aiyima ao7 + elac b6.2 setup...
  2. Tim6622

Easiest way to isolate the DAC from the noisy PC?

I've had noise on my usb port once when gpu was in use. A fix I came across was putting tape on the ground pin in the usb male connector so it would not make contact. It eliminated EMI from the main board leaking to usb port controllers
  3. Tim6622

Windows update crashes RightMark analyzer

Can't you downgrade to a previous version with an older cd. Just look for an iso for a version you were using before. Also from now on back uo your OS so in case this happens, you can go back to your backup.
  4. Tim6622

What amp/DAC should I get for k712 pro?

Honestly, I'm going to assume that motherboard has a low quality audio circuit(also judging by the motherboard picture) as most motherboards in that price range don't invest in thier audio quality usually . I would buy an apple usb-c dongle since it's only 8$ and much better than low end...
  5. Tim6622

Aiyima A07 - measurements/performance analysis?

From Texas instrument's website. I have the 165w stereo version and the power supply needed to be ordered separately so consider that in cost. Imo I would not consider the t chip amps as a "clean" amplifiers judging by the thd measurements in the pdf. I would think more in the ballpark of...
  6. Tim6622

Triangle Borea BR03 pairing

I would try a high power Icepower (125 asx or 250axx)based amp with more wattage than the emotiva amp you tried. Ghent audio has cases and kits although they seem pricey for a full assembled unit. I have the Icepower250a psu and modules in a stereo amp and to me it's been the best for the money...
  7. Tim6622

I'm tired of my EVGA NU Audio Card.

I had different issues with an am4 b350 PC until evga tech Lee M sent me beta drivers in October. The sounds would get glitchy(like mini skips/clipping every other millisecond) after a certain amount use(like after playing a game for an hour), would stop working, and sometimes my comp would...
  8. Tim6622

Edifier R1280T Powered Speaker Review

Wow, these speakers can go down to $70 and they managed to please Amir M without having Revel tier performance? What else have you been growing in that garden Amir that you aren't showing us :p ?
  9. Tim6622

What items have you purchased as a result of ASR?

Glad to see you have the same experience I did with my icepower amp purchase. It just made all other amplifiers (elac 101eq and a older Sony receiver) sound mediocre after the first test. Very noticeable and I purchased that based on Bang and Olufsens data sheet (not asr since the Icepower250a...
  10. Tim6622

ELAC DS-A101 Streaming Amplifier?

I had the ea101-eq amplifier and it did not sound good to me with elacs debut b6.2 and unifi uf5 . My Icepower250a amp pushes both speakers much better imo and so did a cheap 250w class d amp (l7-48 hiyy?)
  11. Tim6622

Power Amp Recommendations

I'm still having a good experience with this ICEpower 250a x2 amplifier and so have other members from the same seller. To me it the cleanest sounding amp for the price i paid. I got for $200 in nov. 2019 but has now gone up in price.
  12. Tim6622

Which rca cable is worth for topping D30 and A30?

I have tried the World's best cable mogami +nuetrikcable, SKW cables, "Moonaudio" Micintosh 2328 green hose cable , KUYIOHIFI RCA cable and Chooseal rca's. They all sound the same so for my choice i would go with the cheapest.
  13. Tim6622

Powering elac debut 5.2(dac+amp or integrated amp)

Those elac's don't play nice with low powered class D chip amps. If you have access to the Sony str dh190 or the Yamaha R-S202BL I would recommend those and ICEpower based amplifiers. Those are the best in your budget that I have auditioned with the F6.2. I have also tried this amplifier and it...
  14. Tim6622

Sound Card 5.1/7.1 Audiophile and Music production

The soundblaster Ae-9 looks like something you might want to look into. It comes with an microphone/headphone interface.
Top Bottom