Recent content by tikky

1. T

Hifiman Ananda Nano Headphone Review

I see, so you have to press down the pads to get a good seal on a flat plated surface, which in reality makes the pad thinner and the diaphragm is getting closer. It should affect the measurements. And there is no acoustic damping either. I am not sure if we agree on the topic that egg-shaped...
  2. T

How does the same company, with the same technology and pads, and their round-shaped headphones, measure less distortion each and every time, while all their higher-tech but egg-shaped earcups perform worse? It just doesn't make sense to me. The fit plays a significant role, and when you use a...
  3. T

the test method could be different and "made up" but they apply exactly the same test on both headphones. As long as the test conditions are the same and the results are similar, we can easily tell that the distortion is somewhat similar. Just don't trust the test but the conditions. Amir's test...
  4. T

I was just checking the RTINGS measurements. WHD Looks similar to me against Audeze. I am not sure what these guys are doing wrong. Less than 0.1%. Ananda vs. HE400SE
  5. T

I agree. the Egg-Shape design is hit or miss depending on the head shape of the person. The shape must fit the snag otherwise the experience is affected. They could easily go with a classic round shape to not risk their technology. I like my Sundara, but I prefer Nanos for example, as it fits...
  6. T

I own a pair of Nanos and five more expensive Hifiman models as well. All of these egg-shaped Hifiman's distortion measurements look poor, right? This cannot be a coincidence but rather a measurement error. Because when you do not wear them and just hold and crank the volume, it sounds terrible...
  7. T

JDS Atom Amp 2 Headphone Amplifier Review

Very impressive for its size but still very expensive for us living in Europe with a Grand Total of $219.84 + import-free. At this price, You can grab an A30 Pro. I am dying to get JDS Lab in my collection but sadly I cannot afford 1 for me and 1 for all the taxes and shipping.
  8. T

On the lookout for mixing headphones

I thought you meant having a studio as good as an anechoic chamber. My bad. No, but if you are a mix engineer you would definitely tell that they translate perfectly. It does not have to be flat or neutral the purpose of these headphones is "mix translation". It's really useless for other...
  9. T

I totally agree with you. If we were to work together in a great studio, we'd likely hear things differently, and what sounds accurate to one of us might not be so accurate to the other. An ideal studio isn't an anechoic chamber. I've been in an anechoic chamber, and everything sounds overly...
  10. T

Sorry for the late reply as I have to search for more info. So basically according to Steven Slate and his consults, the human ear canal has different sizes in different individuals. On settings "average, profile 1 and profile 2" are representing the ear canal sizes, just like ear tips we are...
  11. T

I mean the thick orange line, one thicker, not the green HTC one. It's the software measurements, not the response of the headphones. It's how EQ changes between profiles.
  12. T

I guess this is compensated between hd650 and VSX. The thicker line is VSX. VSX is really useless to me without HTC EQ correction or its own Software.
  13. T

I found this on the SLATE group on Facebook.
  14. T

I totally get where you're coming from. I used to be one of those people who would always insist that headphones just weren't good enough for mixing. But the more I used them, the better I got at it. And experience really does make switching between the two easier. I have four pairs of super...
  15. T

Of course, they do, as a professional audio engineer I am working on more than 100 songs mixing and mastering per year and I will probably hit 1 billion plays in my career by the end of this year I guess. But I like to stay anonymous in this forum as I do in other forums that I follow so I...
Top Bottom