Recent content by thylipslip

1. T

Adcom preamp overhaul vs. new A/B splitter + EQ vs. other options?

Well, the volume pot hasn't given me any trouble. It's the input source selector and ocassionally the balance control that act up from time to time. The input source selector has 4 positions with detents. That'll be the tricky one to try and replace. Crossing my fingers that a good cleaning does...
  2. T

That looks like a reasonable price on the preamp / power amp combo, if purchased at the minimum bid. However, given the issues I'm having with my existing gear, I'm really not looking to take on yet another piece of 30+ year old equipment. I had it open last year when I did my last clean of the...
  3. T

As an addendum to this, I talked with a co-worker of mine who restores and resells antique radios (tube based). He has quite a bit of experience cleaning dirty potentiometers and he swears by DeoxIT F5, finding it to be superior to DeoxIT D5 in this particular application.
  4. T

I hadn't considered upgrading my contact cleaner. I'm using a can of Radio Shack stuff, which tells you how old it is!!:p DeoxIT is an excellent suggestion and I think that's definitely worth a shot! Thanks for the advice.
  5. T

Hi all, first time poster here. First, my apologies for the LONG post! I happily discovered this forum fairly recently while on the hunt for an audio community with a science based approach instead of the usual "magical thinking" that unfortunately seems to dominate most of the online audio...
Top Bottom