Recent content by THW

1. T

What was your best (and worst) audio purchase for the dollar?

Well it does, but the point is that it isn’t just a DAC and I do make use of its other functions ;)
  2. T

What was your best (and worst) audio purchase for the dollar?

because I use an audio interface instead of a pure DAC :p
  3. T

Amir at your door for random ASR system evaluation

Motu M4 -> Topping L30 -> HD 600 I think I would do fine?
  4. T

ifi hip dac review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

well yeah but it’s not like the Topping is a slouch in that department. 52 mW @ 300 ohms is perfectly respectable imho.
  5. T

ifi hip dac review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

just a quick glance and I’m already asking: “why tf would I ever get this over a Topping NX4 DSD?”
  6. T

Are you a gamer/gamer's dad? - Share your favorite video games...

Dusk, Doom Eternal, Deep Rock Galactic. That is all.
  7. T

JDS Atom Amp+ Review (Headphone Amplifier)

I think so? also for the more technically minded I don’t think you even need that number, high gain is 9dB aka x3 and the specs basically tell you max output level is 13V peak so 9Vrms, divide by 3 and you get input as 3Vrms
  8. T

for me I had no problem reading the specs to know that you basically need 3V in to get max power (input sensitivity spec points that out I think) so I have no idea wtf you’re even on about. the only thing they could’ve done better IMO would’ve been to add an additional note at the bottom for...
  9. T

Extreme Snake Oil

actually what happens when shaped charges don't strike tanks? I actually am genuinely curious, lol what I do know about shaped charges mostly comes from when they actually strike tanks at the right angle (fusing is extremely important and must balance between speed and safety, the distance the...
  10. T

I mean I don’t think anyone really needs the full 800 mW @ 300 ohms of power, and I think chasing maximum power that you will never really use is pointless and dumb, so…
  11. T

ok, so take another great desktop amp and connect L30 to its headphone out if you really want that extra power (you really don’t, 2V into L30 can already go really loud?).
  12. T

Did You Buy Based On Amir's Review?

Yes. L30, DX3 Pro V1, NX4 DSD, also soon-to-be-arriving MOTU M4. very happy with the first 3 and I expect to be satisfied with the M4.
  13. T

tbh i wouldn’t say 3V is unattainable, i can effectively get those results by connecting L30 to my NX4 DSD’s headphone out on high gain
  14. T

I have a feeling John takes issue with the other things you said about the company, not that it is Chinese. also i’m quite sure its based in Guangzhou, not Shanghai.
  15. T

Both DAC are transparent as measures by Amir, why one not as clean sounding as the other?

also i wouldn't worry if i were you, X16 is a good piece of kit based on the measurements. just enjoy whatever you already have.
Top Bottom