Recent content by thorvat

1. T

Influence of curtains on room acoustics

If you have any practical experience with acoustic treatment below 200Hz you would know what I'm talking about. As you don't, well.. we'll discuss it if and when you gonna have it. LF treatment requiers special materials which is rarely suitable for rooms unless they are dedicated for...
  2. T

So, acording to you it's constructive to claim that your measurements are "the best they can be" and that your magical curtains are siginificantly affecting the response down to 150Hz, but when you are told that physics teaches us that curtains can't do that which implies that your measurement...
  3. T

If you choose to try to treat your room you will quickly learn that reducing decay time below 200Hz is far more complcaited and expensive than reducing it above 200Hz.
  4. T

I can easilly think of more than a few hobbyists on this forum that do measurements far better than you. But if you want to improve your measurement technique you should defintiely change your attitude, because as long as you think you're the best of the best you cannot possible learn and evolve.
  5. T

Topt in REW has been optimised for small rooms. I suggest you familiarize yourself with the way how it works before commenting. https://www.roomeqwizard.com/betahelp/help_en-GB/html/graph_rt60.html RT60 Calculation The RT60 values are estimated by calculating the slope of the Schroeder curve...
  6. T

Well, as I already said, if you want to stick to your "opinion" that you did everything right, although your results doesn't support that, it is perfectly fine by me.
  7. T

It is not what I meant, so let me rephrase it: IEC 60268-13, which relates to rooms for conducting listening tests on loudspeakers, specifies a maximum reverb time of around 600ms above 200Hz, rising slightly in the bass. ITU-R BS.1116–3, which relates to rooms for subjectively testing...
  8. T

Well sure, there is a chance - it is hard to discard that as a possibility. But in order to prove or discard that hypothesis one should measure very carefully. If you want to measure with sweeps I would suggest using microphone stand to fix the mic position and removing your body from the...
  9. T

This opens the question what ammount of decay is optimal for best sound, and I'm affraid that one heavilly depends not only on personal taste but also on usage type (for example: professional mixing vs casual listening). Btw, if curtains were applied on a "high percentage of the room surface...
  10. T

A/B listening is indeed important, but trust me - when you shelve down from 300Hz upwards by 4dB you don't need A/B listening to notice the difference as that one can easilly be heard by your wife/girlfriend even from the kitchen. :)
  11. T

Let me explain something to you: measurements are essential step when researching something as conclusions are drawn from them. Your measurements can easilly be disputed by anybody who understands basic physics. Now, you had a chance to learn what you did wrong when making your measurements but...
  12. T

That is exactly my point. Consequently, the only explanation for the existence of the diffferences in LF response is unprecise measurement, which makes impossible drawing any conclusions from it.
  13. T

If your measurement was taken properly than it would reflect that, but as it was not there are differences in the response below app 400Hz which shouldn't be there. I am writing my responses for the sake of expressing the facts to be available to other people reading this thread, and as far as...
  14. T

Let me rephrase: if your measurements were done properly curtain vs no curtain graphs should differ from app 400Hz upward while below that the 2 FR graphs should be identical. As this is not the case it is impossible to tell the frequency where your curtain starts to alter the response. So...
  15. T

I'm affraid you're missing the point - in each different spot there will be different differences with and without, so the only way to estimate the difference with vs without the listener will perceive is to use the spatially averaged measurement. As I already commented on abdo123's "opinions"...
Top Bottom