Recent content by Thor9981

1. Thor9981

What could be causing playback delays?

The video sources are all connected via HDMI. The Cambridge has both the digital coax and the optical hooked up. I've ran the analog cables before and the issue remains.
  2. Thor9981

What could be causing playback delays?

I recently put together a new home audio/theater system consisting of an Anthem AVM70, Buckeye Purifi 1ET400A 3ch, Buckeye NC252MP 6ch, KEF R11s/R2C/R3s, and a Cambridge Azur 851n streamer. I also have my laptop connected to the Anthem. The Anthem, Cambridge, and my laptop are all connected to...
  3. Thor9981

Anthem AVM 90 Audio Video Preamp/Processor

Not sure if this question has been asked before but when I play music from my streamer (Cambridge Azur 851n using Qobuz) through my AVM 70 using the optical output/input there's a really small lag between the start of the song and when I start hearing music. The first .5 seconds or so is...
  4. Thor9981

A Call For Humor!

Pro tip: Attach an LED to all of your old lady's clothing. It'll let you know whether she's on, off, or clipping.
  5. Thor9981

Buckeye Amps: Purifi Mono, 2ch, and 3ch Official Thread

Just wanted to give a huge shout out and many, many boatloads of gratitude to @Buckeye Amps for helping me complete this build. One Purifi 3 Ch. and one Hypex 6 Ch. made all the difference in my system. Couldn't be more proud to be a part of the Buckeye family! Been blaring this **** all week...
  6. Thor9981

Buckeye Amps: Purifi Mono, 2ch, and 3ch Official Thread

Old lady told me, "it's me or the amps." *looks at amps*
  7. Thor9981

Anthem AVM70 Review (AV Processor)

For current owners of the AVM70, it looks like the HDMI 2.1 upgrades will rollout this fall. See below. Great news!
  8. Thor9981

SVS SB-3000 vs Rythmik F12SE vs PSAS2410

Just as an update, the modem I purchased was an Arris Surfboard S33 that cost $200. At that price point you'd think the implementation would be competent enough to not interfere with other components. No amount of switching or moving things around made any difference. I returned the Arris today...
  9. Thor9981

I believe so but probably not for a while. There's not space for another one in my living room but eventually I'll move and should have a better listening area to incorporate a second sub and atmos speakers. In other news, my modem crapped out today. I purchased a new one and when I connected...
  10. Thor9981

Ended up going a little larger with the Rythmik E15SE-XLR3 build. I love it so far. However, I haven't fully dialed it in yet with room correction. Still waiting on my amps to arrive so I can hook up the XLR output to the Anthem AVM 70 and run ARC. Right now it's pretty much set to stock going...
  11. Thor9981

Topping G5 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

Total noob question... when Mr. Amir talks about applying filters, does he just mean applying a preset EQ like many AVRs have or is this something specific to the measuring equipment?
  12. Thor9981

Does my streamer need a DAC?

So if using the digital outputs on the 851N defeats its internal DAC as stated in an earlier post, is it best to use the RCA outputs or does it not matter since the Anthem's DAC will do the final conversion anyway? I'll admit I'm very much a novice (if you couldn't already tell) so apologies if...
  13. Thor9981

Does my streamer need a DAC?

Here are links for the CXA, CXN, and 851D. None of the reviews speak negatively about the Cambridge products but it appears their internal DACs don't quite measure up to the performance of the Topping DACs. I'm not knocking Cambridge at all. I love the 851N and have been extremely satisfied...
Top Bottom