Recent content by thomasward00

1. T

Would an external DAC add sound quality to my system?

That's a good built in DAC, I would just go with that.
  2. T

Decent small DAC with optical input?

I have the Schiit Modi 3+, I've heard the current Modi E is great too... I recommend them, especially with Windows... Works perfect.
  3. T

WiiM Mini Review (Streamer)

I think that Linkplay is investing time and money into ironing out the kinks into the software platform so that they can use it in future products. They are doing a great job so far. Their investment goes well beyond the Mini.
  4. T

WiiM Mini Streamer

Having used Amazon HD for a couple years, did a one month Qobuz trial, although I prefer it over Tidal,. Amazon has a much better interface and app... Not to mention Amazon is cheaper.
  5. T

WiiM Mini Streamer

Call me crazy folks but the same equipment going between Amazon HD and Qobuz for the same songs... To me Qobuz sounds better, it's subtle but better Even at the same bit rates, it just seems like Qobuz sounds deeper... More detailed.
  6. T

WiiM Mini Streamer

Call me crazy folks but the same equipment going between Amazon HD and Qobuz for the same songs... To me Qobuz sounds better, it's subtle but better.
  7. T

WiiM Mini Streamer

Found it, thanks.... Qobuz is working great now.
  8. T

WiiM Mini Streamer

Just signed up for Qobuz, transferred playlists from Amazon, problem is that no tracks play over CD quality on the Wiim. Has anyone had this issue?
  9. T

WiiM Mini Streamer

The Wiim pro is coming soon, they have great software now and a more feature rich product is needed.
  10. T

WiiM Mini Streamer

Agree 100% the Bluesound node is greatly overpriced at $600, hopefully competition from the low end makes these companies come to their senses in pricing.
  11. T

WiiM Mini Streamer

I like Tidal, had it for about 6 Months.... The app is very nice, I don't care for the fact they mainly seem to push Hip Hop and Rap, but it is a good service.
  12. T

WiiM Mini Streamer

I live in a rural area and have ATT fixed wireless internet.. it's a touch over DSL speed... I can stream 24/192, playing a multiplayer video game and the wife in the other room streaming 4K video, without any issues. My internet speed is well below what is available for most people. Time and...
  13. T

WiiM Mini Streamer

Not to sound rude, but in 2022 with commonly available 24/192 Flac streaming available, isn't MQA kinda pointless?
  14. T

WiiM Mini Streamer

I can't wait for the Sirius XM/ Pandora support and being able to play music files from OneDrive.
Top Bottom