Recent content by ThoFi

1. T

Harbeth Super HL5+

interesting to read that you enjoyed the Devore although they measure much worse than the Harbeth….
  2. T

Harbeth Super HL5+

I assume that the Nelson is a well designed product but for the asking price I don't understand whats the advantage over a standard sub… Beside that may I ask you what was your role at the Axpona?
  3. T

Measuring Some Vintage Speakers

Some measurements of my Harbeth SHL5+ 40th Anniversary. (2 different tube amps, 4 and 8Ohm tap) One speaker put in the middle of my listening room, mic @ tweeter height, 1m distance. UMIK mic and REW.
  4. T

Harbeth Super HL5+

So it’s impossible to compare different speaker measurements? do you know how Stereophile do arrange their measurements?
  5. T

Harbeth Super HL5+

Why is that a insufficient measurement protocol? can you explain , please? do you have a sufficient one?
  6. T

Harbeth Super HL5+

FR measurements SHL5+. vs SHL5+ XD. Looking at these measurements, is it possible to see an improvement? (both from stereophile) SHL5+ SHL5+ XD
  7. T

Harbeth Super HL5+

Stereophile measured the SHL5+ XD. Can anyone explain what’s going at the FR >10kHz??? https://www.stereophile.com/content/harbeth-super-hl5plus-xd-loudspeaker-measurements
  8. T

Harbeth speakers

So the sub+stands and the P3 do cost > €6.000…not cheap. Why it only has 50Watts? Alan Shaw always prays how important a hugh amount of Watts are!? Also Watts are totally cheap these days. I do not understand why 50Watts are enough…?
  9. T

Harbeth speakers

Harbeth came up with a new product. Sub+stand Only 50W? 3.995€ https://harbeth.co.uk/nelson-subwoofer-stand-solution/
  10. T

Willsenton R8

Hey, I didn’t write this post! What’s going on here!?
  11. T

Amir's 2023 Pacific Audio Fest Report Continued

I don’t understand why Amir joined a Audio Fest And share images!? Overpriced boutique voodoo HiFi all over the place. To me it is not the right place for scientist Amir Whats the idea behind that…..
  12. T

Cheap class D amps. Andrew Robinsons take.

:D:p(Damn the smily emoji didn’t work when using my tablet)
  13. T

Reviewers talk about synergy… translation for me: e.g. if you have a certain music library a not perfect (distortion factory) HiFI gear is easier, nicer, more pleasant … Am I right? Is the reviewer right? Is the objectivist right? Is the subjectivist right?
  14. T

and I think too many spend their time (lots of time) in forums and threads any spit out their „knowledge„ while hiding behind their keyboard
Top Bottom