Recent content by Phoney

1. Phoney

HIFIMAN Susvara Headphone Review

Well, you have to compare them relative to other headphones. Because despite all the factors mentioned, there are still good headphones on the market that costs less than $500, even some less than $200. Why is that, if all of these factors is supposed to be the main cause of a headphone costing...
  2. Phoney

HIFIMAN Susvara Headphone Review

I think drivers cost WAY less than you think to produce. The Susvara drivers are probably worth a fraction of $500 if you only factor in material cost. The drivers usually have lower production cost than the rest of the headphone. The biggest cost comes from designing the drivers and making them...
  3. Phoney

Ananda stealth vs. Edition XS?

Not sure what your point is. What my point is, is that there are probably some frequency response differences between the v2 and the v3, especially since they have different impedance and sensitivity. Probably not huge differences, but I would assume that they are not exactly the same. Edit: I...
  4. Phoney

The v3 version is also stealth magnet, and that one is 398g. It also has an impedance of 16ohm (15.5ohm) and sensitivity 93db. The v2 stealth version is 27ohm and 103db sensitivity. The only measurements that I have seen of the 16ohm stealth version is this...
  5. Phoney

Are both of those the 440g version of Ananda Stealth? I know that the techpowerup one is. The newest version is 398g.
  6. Phoney

Sennheiser HD650 Review (Headphone)

Oh right.. Well, the HD600 does usually require a larger boost. If it has higher distortion aswell, then it could explain why the distortion is more obvious to you than what it is to me. Maybe even the higher boost in itself is enough to make it audible.
  7. Phoney

Oratory mentions that for example Tyll was using an older rig, which explains the difference in the measurements.
  8. Phoney

I agree, I use a +8db boost in the sub bass but I think the bass sounds similar to other headphones that I've tried. And I have tried a lot of different ones, lots of planars amongst them. Maybe I just don't mind a little bit distortion, but I also don't listen particularly loud either. Like...
  9. Phoney

Look at oratorys links here. This is using full harman bass boost for the HD650, +9,3db at 20hz. I believe the red line in the last graph is audibility, and the bass distortion is below the limit?
  10. Phoney

I feel like using his measurements to EQ the FR to the harman curve usually gives the most accurate results. Ofcourse there will allways be exceptions, but generally.
  11. Phoney

Really prefer using crinacles measurements and eq tool to oratorys EQ profiles
  12. Phoney

Not a big fan of how headphones feel

I have the same problem. I had the HD800 recently, and that one was the only headphone I've tried which I feel is comfortable enough for me. Arya aswell, but it's a bit tight. I ended up selling both because they are a bit expensive considering that I prefer the comfort of speakers, but I just...
  13. Phoney

Topping NX7 announced

But I need 13V to reach full output in low gain? That is what confused me. Does it mean that I can reach maximum volume at low gain too, but that will require a lot more voltage? Edit: I read back the thread and apparently it's about maximum voltage for each gain. Does that mean that I...
  14. Phoney

Topping NX7 announced

How much power will I be able to output using the Qudelix with a 3.5mm to 3.5mm into the NX7? I'm assuming I can just use high gain and get 2 VRMS from it. Is that enough to power the NX7 fully? Specs for the NX7:
  15. Phoney

Sennheiser HD800S Review (Headphone)

Cool! Mind if you make a new one with the exact numbers that i posted? It would be cool to see the exact comparison.
Top Bottom