Recent content by theyellowspecial

1. T

Tower with good bass extension vs. stand-mount with a sub?

Went through a lot of different setups and the M16s with sub and room control (Dirac) has been my favorite. The LS50s are poor for small home theater, even with a high crossover, in case you'll be doing movies.
  2. T

Dirac Live standalone for PC and Mac

Can DLBC be used to make and present a single channel speaker to Windows out of a speaker and subwoofer? Right now I use a 7.1 sound card in a 5.1 setup and copy the side channels into the rear channels using EAPO. The rear channels feed a subwoofer for each side channel and using crossovers in...
  3. T

PC? Single seat setup? You can also start by doing your crossovers in EAPO and go with just the stereo license.
  4. T

Dirac Live Bass Control coming to Dirac Live Stereo This YEAR!!

For a single sub and single seating position it's not worth it. Much more cost effective and similar results by using the high-pass and built-in sub crossover, if you have those features. EDIT: Should point out Dirac in general is absolutely worth it, no matter the setup.
  5. T

I'm torn on what speakers to buy guys...

Studio 530 Stage A130 Aria 906 RP-150m LS50 SVS Prime D1080-IV
  6. T

I'm torn on what speakers to buy guys...

https://www.musicdirect.com/equipment/speakers/revel-m16-bookshelf-speakers-pair-b-stock/ The M16 are the best bookshelf I've owned and heard. You can EQ them flat to 30Hz with low distortion at medium volumes, assuming room gain from close boundaries.
  7. T

1st lab-grown meat product cleared for human consumption in the U.S.

Anything to reduce the amount of plant food in the atmosphere and save the polar bears is good in my books. I already have a large preorder in for insect burger patties.
  8. T

You can also do the crossover in EAPO. You must target your hardware device and not the Dirac processor.
  9. T

Is Crypto Dead?

Crypto is just getting started. The question is how the fight between centralization and decentralization plays out.
  10. T

Second-guessing my purchase

I use Dirac multi-channel system-wide on my PC and I'd easily pay double the asking price.
  11. T

Rank all the speakers you owned/ heard

In order of preference, owned in past 2-3 years: 1) Revel M16 2) JBL Studio 530 3) JBL Stage A170 4) JBL Stage A130 5) Focal Aria 906 6) Elac DR DBR62 7) KEF LS50
  12. T

Dirac Live Bass Control coming to Dirac Live Stereo This YEAR!!

I've grown a few grey hairs where I didn't expect them since I've been waiting for Dirac Live Bass Control.
Top Bottom