Recent content by TheWalkman

1. TheWalkman

Audiophonics HPA-S400ET Review (Stereo Amplifier)

Unfortunately, I’m not triggering the amp externally so I won’t be able to measure this. Perhaps someone else can.
  2. TheWalkman

Idle mode. (Forgive me for my transgressions.)
  3. TheWalkman

FWIW, in standby mode, my Kilowatt is showing an idle power consumption of 16.8 Watts for my Audiophonics amp.
  4. TheWalkman

If I recall correctly, UPS International shipping was a whopping $53 and the amp arrived, intact, in less than a week.) (I think the heatsink on the right, attached to the power supply, actually does dissipate heat but either way, they look very cool! )
  5. TheWalkman

Living in the US, I was nervous to purchase the Audiphonics amp (France) - shipping costs, Duty, damage, etc. The case and with large heatsinks was a real motivator/ differentiator. None of those worries materialized. Now that I’ve had this amp for three months of virtual daily use, I can...
  6. TheWalkman

Which pre built Purifi Amp sould I buy?

Ozark, FWIW, three months later, I’m absolutely loving the Audiophonics amp. This is the next gen amp in succession to the classic Harmon-Karadon, Hafler, Crown or McIntosh collectibles. Fifty years from now, I hope my grandkids will be talking about this long after I’m gone (and giving me...
  7. TheWalkman

Carver Raven 350 Review (Tube Amp)

Should I trade in my Purifi HPA-400 and RasPi Streamer for a fancy turntable and Carver tube amp so all my friends think I’m a real Audiophile? Maybe not. I’ll just keep them wondering.
  8. TheWalkman

Thanks Greg. Unfortunately, the power indicator is the white ring surrounding the push button, power switch, making it tough to press if you cover it with film. I may have read somewhere that there are DC leads to the LED on the switch that can be removed but I haven‘t pulled the cover off...
  9. TheWalkman

DAC + Preamp: Raspi -> (USB) -> D30 -> (XLR) -> Audiophonics Sangean HD-20 HD Receiver -> (Coax) -> D30 -> … “ ”
  10. TheWalkman

Aerial: I’m currently switching between a pair of Elac UF5s, and a pair of ELAC DBR72s. I couldn’t be happier. Prior to this amp, I was driving these speakers, switching between an Aiyima A04, A07 and a Topping PA5. That said, I was leaning towards the DBR62s. With the added umph of the...
  11. TheWalkman

Show us your Raspberry PIs, Intel NUCs and other mini PCs!

Here’s my PiZero 2W (running Volumio) attached to my Topping D30 driving my Audiphonics S400 Purifi amp. Current speakers are Unifi UF5s. Absolutely love it!
  12. TheWalkman

The setup I just laid out for you allows you to control the volume three * ways: 1) via Volumio - software slider; 2) via the knob on the Topping D30; 3) via the Topping remote control. *4) you can always pull the power cord out, I suppose. Not recommended. Nor sure what else I can offer…
  13. TheWalkman

So if you want a knob, here’s your Pi Based Plan B (and I’m using this very setup as I type this response): Raspberry Pi Zero 2W (running Volumio) => (via USB cable to a) Topping D30 (with a knob) => Audiophonics S400 Amp. No need for the Allo DAC. Everone seems to want to use a Pi4 as a...
Top Bottom