Recent content by thetrystero

1. T

Fiio BTA30 Pro Bluetooth Transmitter and Receiver + DAC - Review

just purchased this to pair with my sony xm5 BT headphones. there's a slight delay in the sound which is enough of an annoyance when watching videos. has anyone else experienced this and have tips on how to alleviate this issue? with the same video when watched on my phone there is no such...
  2. T

Genelec 8010A Powered Studio Monitor Review

does the 8020d also suffer from this hero-to-zero effect on deep base?
  3. T

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

should i get a second pair of dbr-62s for my home or try something else? the m16s are quite a bit more (about USD300) than the DBR-62s. do i get 50% the better performance from them? on the other hand if i stick with the elacs, I won't be "broadening my horizons"
  4. T

Advice for second set of speakers similar in performance/price to Elac DBR-62s?

I've just completed my setup as follows in the living room Netflix (30%) and Music (70%): Elac DBR-62 AUDIOPHONICS MPA-S250NC XLR Topping D30 Pro Volumio on RPi (Tidal HiFi, Spotify Premium, Qobuz) As a first audiophine setup, I am beyond pleased. Very very happy with it. I'm looking for a...
  5. T

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

bit the bullet and got the d30 pro yesterday. happy to report audio over toslink works with my samsung tv!
  6. T

topping D30 Pro vs E30: what do i get for an extra USD200?

Just got the d30 pro. Happy to report toslink works flawlessly with my TV. Haven't tried PCM 384 yet
  7. T

TV->RPi->DAC possible?

how about if i were to use the HDMI out from the TV in to the HDMI in of the RPi? would that work?
  8. T

@JohnYang1997 does this mean that there's no hope at all for the jitter rejection issue with cd players and some TVs? or do you mean the firmware update for that issue will come in a later update? is it fixable at all?
  9. T

@JohnYang1997 i think the d10b will be too limited for me. i want to buy the d30 pro but there seems to be an issue. i saw you replying in the d30 pro thread and realized you're a topping rep. i already posted there, but will post here again just in case. as you probably already know there are...
  10. T

Can someone else with a Samsung TV chime in on whether they're experiencing any of these jitter rejection issues? My local dealer messaged his rep over at Topping and apparently, they told him there could be issues with Samsung TVs (?) I found this odd but anyway I'd like to a second opinion on...
  11. T

TV->RPi->DAC possible?

Yikes! Sounds bad. I'll just get a DAC with more inputs then
  12. T

TV->RPi->DAC possible?

If a DAC doesn't have enough inputs (like say the d10 balanced), can I plug the TV (via either toslink or RCA) in to the RPi streamer instead? If so would the sound coming out be any different that if the TV were to be directly connected to the DAC?
  13. T

if in future i need to connect a subwoofer would i be able to do it in to the RCA connectors? can the d10b output to both RCA and TRS at the same time?
  14. T

from the picture, it looks like those are not xlr outputs. are there several different types of "balanced"?
Top Bottom