Recent content by TheSkuffedKnerd

1. T

Cleaning Old AV Equipment

I did not, those are the 2 leads I couldn't figure out where they went. Now I see that 804 goes to the transformer lead. Thank you.
  2. T

I am toying with it right now. And before I took the Sony down to clean it, they actually sounded good. This is going to be used to me TV setup in the room for now, until I decide what to do for speakers on the PC.
  3. T

Yes. The green diagram, bottom right, the 2 3 pin connectors above the 6 pin one.
  4. T

This is the one I was using, and it appears to be the same the one you attached.
  5. T

ETA: I'm just seeing your reply on Tuesday and my disassembly occurred this past weekend. Model STR-K7100 I got it apart, cleaned everything I could with qtips and isopropyl 91% and put everything in the sun for 2 days this weekend. I thought re-assembly would be easy considering almost every...
  6. T

I wasn't sure where to ask this, so please move if necessary. I re-acquired an old Sony AV receiver. Set it up and turned it on last night to make sure it all still worked and that smell of old cigarette smoke that has settled into electronics is very noticeable. Man it's bad. Is there any...
  7. T

PC Audio - DAC/AMP with passives and a sub?

When I bought it in 2018 it was $115, is what I was getting at. Either way, those are on my consideration list for when I get to the sub.
  8. T

True. It was $115 when I bought it the first time, not it's $160
  9. T

I have the 10" version of this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0063NU30K/ref=emc_b_5_t in my living room. Might go with this one, it hits the mark as well.
  10. T

I appreciate the thought :-) I mean if it's there, use it, right? I'll take a look at those. Thanks for all the help man, assuming you are, and that's how you want to be addressed :cool:
  11. T

What size desk are you thinking of? :-) I've got a sit/stand desk that usually sits around 29" off the floor and is 63" long. Pretty sure a "small sub" will fit under that desk :cool:
  12. T

It will just be sitting under my desk in my room, I don't ever listen very loudly to music since my room is on the opposite wall of another bedroom unit on the other side of the townhouse unit. They claim they never hear anything, but I'd prefer not to chance aggravating them if possible.
  13. T

So with that Topping stack there, it has selectable output am I reading that correctly? So if i want to use just the speakers, I would select Pre-Amp out that goes to the PA3s that feeds the speakers. That seems doable. ETA: Is that banana plug outputs on the amp? How would i connect that to...
  14. T

The A30 is just an amp from what I saw on Loxjie's website, or did I misread it due to there also being the D30 which is just a DAC.
  15. T

How is any of that wireless? The sub still connects to the 1280DBs by wire and the 1280DBs connect via wire to the PC. I'm not using Bluetooth to connect to the PC or DAC.
Top Bottom