Recent content by Theriverlethe

1. T

JBL HDI-3600 Speaker Review

1600 has less vertical directivity error around the crossover region, which could make an audible difference. I can’t comment on the waterfall plots very intelligently, but neither speaker shows distortion or compression issues that would present an audible problem.
  2. T

Anthem AVM90 AV Processor Review

What? They should all be pretty comparable in sound.
  3. T

I’d put more stock in Monolith at this point.
  4. T

I mean, depending on your transducers and room acoustics you might have decent sound to begin with. I wouldn’t buy anything remotely complex from Emotiva given their history with software updates.
  5. T

I really wish we saw more "reasonably priced" processors in the sub-$2000 market. Emotiva notoriously doesn't support their products with firmware updates, leaving the ToneWinner AT-300 as pretty much the only option.
  6. T

Audyssey's Next Generation of Room Correction (MultEQ-X)

Any chance a version of Audyssey could integrate moving mic method? I'll see myself out.
  7. T

Which is the same as saying "balanced." Obviously it's possible to have an XLR connector without being balanced.
  8. T

Removing the possibility of ground hum/noise with a balanced connection would be a much bigger benefit than a likely imperceptible amount of SNR gain. This can be a very real-world benefit and is what the vast majority of "pro" audio equipment uses balanced connections.
  9. T

Poll: How do you primarily listen to audio at home?

Oooh, a Squeezebox Boom. I had a raspberry pi with picoreplayer and an XLR hat plugged into LSR305’s in my bedroom. I never used the system so decided to sell, but I still have Logitech Media Server in a Docker container.
  10. T

"Abhor" seems a bit strong. I have one attached to a small television in my bedroom. It's certainly better than the TV's built-in audio.
  11. T

I'm surprised 3.x is more popular than soundbars in this poll. I'd guess greater than 50% of the general public that spent money on dedicated audio is using soundbars.
  12. T

Pioneer VSX-LX505 (with Dirac) Unboxing and Overview

Timing/impulse control really should handle the sub crossover.
  13. T

Have you verified the frequency response at the crossover region? Edit: I'd agree it does a good job with the levels. Like night and day vs. XT32.
  14. T

So it's still responsible for failing at subwoofer integration?
Top Bottom