Recent content by Theriverlethe

1. T

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

That is annoying. Any idea what EQ program Oratory1990 is using? Edit: Are you sure? The graphs look pretty similar to me, except that I reduced the low shelf a little to taste. https://www.dropbox.com/s/rp71fprbe1lmz7u/Hifiman%20HE4XX.pdf?dl=0
  2. T

"You wouldn't download a car..." Turns out maybe you can? The free endgame solution for objectivists

Most of the CSD plots of headphones I've seen only go out to five milliseconds. Room acoustic measurements generally look at hundreds of milliseconds, so it's hard to see how a couple milliseconds would have much effect. Headphones usually have much lower distortion than loudspeakers as well...
  3. T

Topping A90 Headphone Amplifier Review

What's the headphone output impedance?
  4. T

It looks like the AutoEQ values actually roll off high frequencies quite a bit more than Oratory1990's PDF: Oratory1990 doesn't try to correct anything above 10kHz or so: (I subtracted about 1.5dB from bass in both examples to compensate for GoodHertz CanOpener crossfeed plugin.)
  5. T

It looks like oratory1990 measurements are included in the AutoEQ output. Are you referring to the referenceaudioanalyzer category? https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results Edit: Actually, it looks like Oratory1990's settings are a bit different. There's an index here...
  6. T

I think you'd be better-served EQ'ing the HE4XX to a Harman target. HE4XX has low enough distortion to handle a nice bass boost and JDS Atom has plenty of headroom to drive them, even with -7dB preamp for PEQ...
  7. T

Need help deciding between the Schiit Heresy and JDS Labs Atom

I got the Atom because I thought the headphone plug to the left of the volume knob would be less annoying. However, if you’re left-handed or use the Atom in low gain, you will have the same annoyance.
  8. T

Headphone Correction & Spatialization

I like your filter better than Waves, but none of these make me think I'm listening to speakers. I think I prefer CanOpener.
  9. T

It's shifted forward a bit, especially at the sides, but I wouldn't say it sounds like speakers. I don't hear it with your video, either.
  10. T

Did you try CanOpener? It seems pretty transparent except for the potential issue noted by the OP.
  11. T

Way more natural than having instruments six inches to each side of your head and a singer in your nasal cavities...
  12. T

The first picture I posted shows no obvious FR change with the left channel only driven. The second picture shows both channels driven with pink noise.
  13. T

I think it's more an effort to mitigate the unnatural soundstage of headphones.
  14. T

Wouldn't that just create a tonal imbalance for anything hard-panned to the left or right? I don't find the effect on the center image unpleasant.
  15. T

But has Amir measured the SINAD? ;)
Top Bottom