Recent content by TheMadcap

1. T

SMSL Sanskrit 10th MK II DAC Review

Mine does make a buzz sound when the lcd is acitve. System is raspi4 -> smsl usb input (no aux power), smsl -> exposure 2010 -> monitor audio gold 100. This buzzing doesn't appear when I use dac with my laptop, violectric amp and he560. What could be the cause, should I connect ground of dac...
  2. T

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

What is your amp. I thought the same, and didn't have budget for the two mono La90, so I bought a used rega elicit r.
  3. T

Amp upgrade: Roksan k3 or Rega elicit r

It was K3 integrated amp actually. I bought the Rega elicit R.
  4. T

Apparently someone else wants to buy rega so i need to decide in an hour. Do we have any further opinion about these two?
  5. T

I am using exposure 2010 right now and I want to upgrade it. These two took my attention and listed for the same price in my local market, about 1100$. My speakers are ls50 and monitor audio gold 100, I use them in rotation. Smsl sanksrit 10 mkii as the dac, and raspi 4 as the source. I feel...
  6. T

It's a bit hard to get one of these amps, besides that, I decided to go with something beefier. I'll try to get a used roksan k3.
  7. T

Would they be good match with monitor audio gold 100s?
  8. T

RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial

Thanks for your effort. I quickly installed moode to give it a try. But I couldn't figure out how to feed my music to Kef system. If I enable upnp server on moode, I can see the upnp from Kef and it can feed music from my hdd, but I believe it doesn't apply dsp to the music. Besides that, I...
  9. T

RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial

I'm a bit lost, here I shoot my questions. What I have right now is a Raspberry 4, and Kef Ls50 wireless II. As audio source I have a hdd full of flac/dsd, tidal, spotify. When I had a passive system I was using picoreplayer. Now I don't want to use interface devices mentioned here, instead I...
  10. T

Subwoofer suggestion for ls50 wireless II

So when cut off is up at 200hz, soundwaves are directional, and that's why I need two sub woofers, right? I've bought a used rel t zero just to try out. It can't go low very well, and it has a down firing woofer. Down firing woofer would be a bad choice for such a stereo setup I guess?
  11. T

Subwoofer suggestion for ls50 wireless II

I'd like to support ls50 with a subwoofer, preferably a budget one since I spent my whole budget on ls50's. I am in Turkey, thus my options are a bit limited. This system is purely for music, so what I am looking for is a tight and sharp bass. I will watch movie as well but don't care about the...
  12. T

Kef ls50 wireless ii random shut down issue and driver misalignment

I had same topic on some other forum, there might be a solution, so I include the link of it in case someone needs it. https://www.avforums.com/threads/kef-ls50-wireless-ii-random-shut-down-issue-and-driver-misalignment.2429580/ quote from Shendran: "I've registered on this forum so that I...
  13. T

So what is the way to get rid of that trigger. Factory settings? It is annoying to do factory reset each time I experience this problem. And as far as I can see I am the only one who reports this issue :(
  14. T

Yes, I thought of that, that's why I try it with optical connection as well. Same behavior is observed with optical as well. I don't think tv can send any turn off signal through optical, only audio data is sent afaik.
Top Bottom