Recent content by themacguy

1. themacguy

Inherited some gear....

I did! I really like it, but take my liking with a grain of salt because this is the only higher end gear I own. The interface can get a little small when using the streaming services like Tidal and Qobuz, but direct play doesn’t have that problem. It’s very easy to move and as you said, it’s...
  2. themacguy

Inherited some gear....

Oh wow, so many profiles in the AutoEq project... including mine! 3 different options based on the earpads even!! https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results/oratory1990/harman_over-ear_2018/Meze Empyrean (leather earpads) So cool!
  3. themacguy

Inherited some gear....

Ok! So these programs modify the sound in the bitstream before the external DAC converts it to analog? I am all Mac by the way ;) The all in one devices like the Shanling EM5 appeal to me because I can easily move the entire thing around to different friends houses etc and wouldn't have to...
  4. themacguy

Inherited some gear....

Oh interesting, I hadn't thought about this. I guess I was under the impression that best practice was to remove as much processing and modification of the sound as possible from the original recording?
  5. themacguy

Inherited some gear....

Ooo now I am thinking about one of these: https://en.shanling.com/product/407
  6. themacguy

Inherited some gear....

Thank you all for your advice, MUCH appreciated. I am leaning towards selling the Phonitor and grabbing the Mini i 3 pro from MA. Today I hooked up the analog out from my Mac Mini to the Phonitor, and while good, I can imagine a better source sounding real good. As to the cable situation: I...
  7. themacguy

Inherited some gear....

Or maybe sell the SPL and go for the Matrix Mini-i Pro 3? That looks pretty nice!
  8. themacguy

Inherited some gear....

Someone passed away and I received a pair of Meze Empyrean headphones, and an SPL Phonitor xe (no DAC). I've always appreciated high end audio, just never thought I would own a pair of phones like these! So far, I haven't been able to listen to them, as I received some cables (I'll post a pic...
Top Bottom