Recent content by ThELiZ

1. T

Putting PEQ into AVR/Speakers before Audyssey MultEQ measurement process

I’m trying to do something a little differently with my Audyssey MultEQ-X measurement process. I’d like to put the eq data from my speakers (based on spinorama) into my Denon x4700 before Audyssey measurements. I know I can do PEQ in MultEQ-X, but I think when you measure the speaker positions...
  2. T

Revel W553L Measurements (In-wall Speaker)

That’s awesome, thanks. Will also have a play around with EQ above 500Hz once I get my panels in place.
  3. T

Revel W553L Measurements (In-wall Speaker)

I have these speakers as LCR in my home theatre. I always hear that I shouldn't EQ speaker above 500Hz. However, can I generate EQ based off of the spinorama for these speakers? If so... Is there any analysis done on this data to create a PEQ?
  4. T

What is causing my HF roll off?

Will take a look at the gated measurement stuff. Cheers.
  5. T

Yeah, everything is in exclusive mode
  6. T

Yeah, I that makes the most sense! Just when you hear you shouldn't mess about with the high end and let the speaker do its things... I'm happy with the sound.
  7. T

Soooo... It seems like it's a room issue. I've tried the mic at 0 and 90... No difference in the results. Thanks to all for helping me out here. I don't know what I might have done before when measuring at 1m, but now I'm measuring at 1m and the roll off looks as to be expected. Sadly I can't...
  8. T

Cheers bud! I'll have to wait til tomorrow to do any more testing. Kids are in bed and I think everyone is fed up of hearing measurement sweeps. My wife is a lucky lady!
  9. T

Thanks so much. If you wouldn't mind, I've attached my cal file :)
  10. T

Thanks. I'll try that later and report back
  11. T

I only have one cal file from Dayton. It doesn't state whether it is a 0 or 90 cal file. That purple trace looks suspiciously like the issue I'm having!
  12. T

Do you know what... I've never been sure what orientation the UMM-6 should be at. I've tried measurements with it at 0 and 90 and never noticed any differences. For clarity, I run the measurements with the mic pointed to the ceiling
  13. T

Thanks for all the replies. I'm pretty sure it's the mic/room. Can’t be arsed to do any more playing around today. I need to get out the house! Will report back once I’ve done some more testing.
  14. T

In my previous above post, the measurement is at MLP. Here is the plot from 1m… Maybe it is my mic. I’ll try running my UMM-6 mic from 1m again and see what I get
  15. T

I’ve just ran HouseCurve on my iPhone. Seems to show the same issue. This is bypassing my DAC and Roon. Using the built in DAC of the amp. FYI, the <500Hz changes from this plot are different from my ones above as no eq is being applied I don’t have any other speakers to try. At this point I...
Top Bottom