Recent content by Theleb_Kaarna

1. Theleb_Kaarna

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

Also, "No, you won't catch the new Coronavirus via packages or mail from China" Link to article: https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/02/03/801620037/no-you-wont-catch-the-new-coronavirus-via-packages-or-mail-from-china
  2. Theleb_Kaarna

Well I returned my D70 for a full refund and ordered a D90 through Apos Audio a few days ago. It hadn't shipped yet, and I was starting to wonder, when I received this email: This is CJ from the Support team @ Apos Audio. Apos Audio is proactively monitoring updates on the Novel Coronavirus...
  3. Theleb_Kaarna

It did 'quiet' the signal path removing a faint 'buzzing' issue with my last set-up, I'm guessing a ground issue. I was told (earlier in this thread) that with the later quality DACs, such as Topping, it was unnecessary, and in fact its presence it the signal path could potentially degrade the...
  4. Theleb_Kaarna

I stand corrected about the D70 not having the auto shutdown feature the D90 has. It does. And yes, it turned out my 'auto option' was not set to "Auto". It is now. Connection problem is still persisting. No matter though. I appreciate all your suggestions... I've decided to upgrade to the D90...
  5. Theleb_Kaarna

Thanks for your response maxxevv. i) Not anymore. Not a hub, but was using an iFi Micro USB 3.0. Now just straight into the USB port on my PC. Have also tried different ports. Issue still persists. ii) I've gone through 3 different USB cables (one of which is Audioquest) trying to isolate the...
  6. Theleb_Kaarna

Hey guys, can someone confirm that turning-off your PC will shut the D90 down (ie soft shutdown where the front panel display goes dark)? If so, does putting your PC to 'sleep' have the same effect? I can confirm the D70 does NOT do this (unless you press and hold the front power button)...
  7. Theleb_Kaarna

Thank you Kindly, appreciate all that! I will definitely check around here and experiment with pulling the iFi out of my signal path, see what I hear (or don't hear;^). Thanks for letting me hijack the thread. Now back to D90=)
  8. Theleb_Kaarna

Thanks for the detailed response! Apologies, I should have mentioned I also have a SMSL SP200 THX AAA 888 Headphone Amp being fed from the D70's balanced outs, if that has any bearing. So ditch the iFi eh? Hmmm. I've always been a purist for keeping the source signal as untainted as possible...
  9. Theleb_Kaarna

My 1st post here! Been lurking. Question: I just recently purchased a D70 (use as DAC only) and still have a couple weeks to return it for a full refund if I want to. So return it and pay the difference for a D90, or just keep it? Opinions? What would you do? My complimentary componentry...
Top Bottom