Recent content by thedantestyle

1. T

Why Is My Speaker Imaging Rubbish?

Well FFS! I sit here, making this list of ideas from you all (who have been amazing with the advice btw!) - And I've set some time aside to check all your ideas all at once - I've got sound deadening panels from the garage here, I've got towels, I've got a DB measuring app to check each...
  2. T

Yeah I mean have had a few sets of high-end open back headphones - adn stoundstange and imaging is talked about a lot - I can never hear as much amazing 'pinpoint of source' as many reviewers talk about. But I can definitively say when I listened to different sets of speakers in the store - I...
  3. T

So I made another thread a few days ago asking about whether I should get studio monitors or hifi speakers for good imaging sitting at my desk. I currently own a couple of Wharfedale evo 4.2 speakers (3-way) - I believed - and many suggested these speakers would be no good for nearfield...
  4. T

Speaker Suggestions For Nearfield Listening That Sound Exciting

Wow, this was interesting to read - okay so yes I listen to the speakers most definitely. So what apps would do this on the computer? I use APO on the pc for eq on my headphones - but I'm guessing you're talking about something different to this? So this does make sense.. It's hard to find...
  5. T

What do you mean exactly? So its entirely possible I'm understanding teh nature of monitors wrongly if so my apologies. I was asking about eq becuase I've been led to believe monitors don't really sound 'nice' - they aren't meant to, they're meant to be very honest and flat, rather than...
  6. T

I definitely couldn't budget this high... These are studio monitors though - wouldn't they also be very flat? Or are you suggested to get them an EQ?
  7. T

I could - but not sure if they're well suited for such nearfield listening? Also, I believe these require lots of distance from walls.. That's what I've read
  8. T

Interesting - my EQ experience is limited to headphones (but obvioulsy the same premise) Some headphones don't take well to eq - others area amazing - like my LCD-X Would it be the same with monitors? Some eq'ing without sounding rubbish than others?
  9. T

Hey all, as the title suggests - I'm wanting to set up a near-field listening situation with speakers set up on a large desk, toed in with the front of the speaker about 70cm from my head and 130cm away from each other (a large monitor) Obviously, I could go for studio monitors, but my...
Top Bottom