Recent content by the_hamster 2

1. T

Do you have Tinnitis? (Ringing sound in your ears)

Tinnitus began coterminously with start of hearing issues…when I first began to “hear” the ringing, I thought it was bird calls, then realized what was going on. Now, I’m fitted binaurally with hearing aids, but still experience tinnitus at varying intensity in a totally random fashion, more...
  2. T

Windows 11 - Full production release - Easy upgrade, no problems - and no thrills.

“Curating”…we’re not talking about a Picasso exhibition, for god’s sake, just some bloatware added onto an OS. Is there nothing offered to us these days that hasn’t been - you know - “curated”? I call language abuse!
  3. T

Finally, music we can buy in 768 khz sampling rates.

:facepalm:…Fabulous! Did an extensive emoji search, and here at ASR is the only online source for that particular “facepalm”…now how to export to my keyboard.
  4. T

Ah, thanks so much…do a lot of commenting on the WaPo online articles, and the icon truly conforms to the “a picture is worth a thousand words” edict!
  5. T

Really curious about the hand-over-eyes icon/emoji…can’t find it on-line, so how did you get it into your keyboard?
  6. T

Jazz ♫ Music only | In the now, or recently, or that you love...

Fred Hirsch…solo or his trio…sublime.
  7. T

Anybody here using hearing aids?

My hearing loss is especially acute in the 4Kz-6Kz range, which removes loads of musical information…wearing hearing aids whilst listening to music of any genre via any medium is far more satisfying than without the appliances.
  8. T

Classical ♫ Music only | Some you listen now or recently, some you love...

After reading the recent obituary of the Brazilian-born pianist Nelson Freire, I downloaded several albums on Qubuz, and his Chopin is ethereal…Nocturnes, Études, etc. Must confess that I hadn’t even known his name before reading the obit in the NYT.
  9. T

What are the reasons to choose Class A/AB/H over D in this day and age?

I recently swapped out my 555 MkII for an Audiophonics Hypex for driving two vintage a/d/s tower speakers, and other than gaining a lot of real estate in my hi-fi cabinet, hard to distinguish any real diff. in playback quality. The Adcom now used with B&W CM-4 with good success.
  10. T

Spotify to launch 'Hi-Fi' CD Quality Tier.

Well, a lot of Wall Street investors and analysts disagree with your take, and I for one am rounding out the portfolio with some SPOT stock.
  11. T

Spotify to launch 'Hi-Fi' CD Quality Tier.

. Spotify is really going all out on pod-casting and its pod-cast sub service, and it seems that’s where the company feels max growth potential lies, NOT competing with AMZN Music or any of the smaller music streamers. Maybe chasing after Redbook quality streaming isn’t such a high-profile...
  12. T

What was your best (and worst) audio purchase for the dollar?

Carver 500t still going strong, purchased new in ‘85, love the illuminated power meters, all-original and pairs well with both hi- and lo-efficiency speakers.
  13. T

Windows 11 - Full production release - Easy upgrade, no problems - and no thrills.

Transitioned largely to iOS for daily email, web surfing, etc., but keep two vintage PCs going for Word, TurboTax, a few other MS applications, and both units dual-boot 7/10. However, can’t qualify YET for Win11, lacking imbedded TPM 2.0 and insufficient processor power, per PC Health Check...
Top Bottom