Recent content by ThatM1key

1. ThatM1key

Preamps do make a difference..

I do think preamps can make a difference. I remember I used a Topping L30 as a preamp for my Sansui 2000A. Sounded less warm but more clear. That Topping L30 had channel balance problems at low volumes although not as bad as my Topping E30s preamp mode pops at full volume randomly (Even when its...
  2. ThatM1key

Same Car Circuit But Less Watts With A New Amp

Bit of an update. I used my headunits gain control to fix the problem. Although it's a lot of punch for cheap money, the gain hunger is just too much. My front/rear gain is almost to the lowest, headunit subwoofer boost set to max, amps bass boost set to max and amps gain also max. I feel like...
  3. ThatM1key

Solved Unsolved And Other Prefix Boxes For Threads

The idea is that its a box with a prefix alongside a title of text. I've seen these on other forums and I think it would suit this website. Real website example: I've made some fake examples:
  4. ThatM1key

The Sony does not have gain control but the NVX monoblock does although it runs at max without the cheap external knob plugged in. My headunit does feature gain channel for the front and rear but if I down the gain on those and increase volume, they could raise the noise floor. At the front of...
  5. ThatM1key

More then a year ago I replaced my car factory amp with a Sony XM-GS4 (3 Channel Mode, 2 Front Speakers and 1 Subwoofer) using the factory wires (15 Amp via Fuse). I have 2 power mods that brings my car's running voltage to 15 volts. Despite 3 speakers and an amp sharing only 15 amps worth of...
  6. ThatM1key

SMSL PL200 (CD Player)

Initially I thought this some regular "hi-fi" CD player but this appears to be the hi-fi version of all those Victrola all-in-one machines. I get people want compact devices rather then a stack of components but the separated components are already super small. Since its all glued together, if...
  7. ThatM1key

Donut Media Civic 1K Sound System

I saw Donut Media released a video about upgrading there $500 Honda Civic with a $1K sound system. The video tries to be a guide but It offers somewhat wrong and missing information although its more of a overview then anything. Honestly this feels like some Best Buy car audio haul setup that...
  8. ThatM1key

DAC or no DAC

DAB is always sound horrible no matter how clean your DAC, similar how HD Radio is. I don't know what kind of pioneer receiver you have but depending on what model it is, a newer amp could be a better upgrade then a DAC. I'm sure that Marantz CD player+ has a good DAC inside and I wouldn't worry...
  9. ThatM1key

Spotify AI DJ Discussion

If your not in the new-new, Spotify DJ is an algorithm that decides what you listen to (via a playlist a mix) with an AI voice. I discovered this feature because of the yearly Wrapped feature but apparently its been around since Feb-2023. For me its glitchy in the form of "exiting and coming...
  10. ThatM1key

The Loudness Wars has invaded the streaming services.

Regardless of how MQA is decoded, it is lossy from start to end.
  11. ThatM1key

AMD Ryzen 7000 Series Discussion (With X670E Charts)

I mean if your USB3 adapter has a better connection then the onboard ethernet, It's either the drivers or your onboard ethernet jack is dying. I had a cheap asrock motherboard that a dying ethernet jack.
  12. ThatM1key

Usually its Windows itself. I had a bug where when I restarted and tried to open my flash drive, the explorer would just hang. It would hang so badly that even task manager couldn't kill it and the temp solution was just to replug the flash drive, magically explorer started working. I eventually...
  13. ThatM1key

It's been about year since the thread was created. AM5 (7000 series) is success for gaming (Except for the 7950X3D) but terrible for chipset bandwidths and value-for-money. The main issue for X670E motherboards: Most X670E boards don't use all the lanes of an 7000 series CPU. X670E is just 2...
  14. ThatM1key

YouTube cracks down on ad blockers

My ability to comment after somebody brings up politics on a thread:
Top Bottom