Recent content by ThatGuyYouKnow

1. T

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Discuss away, but there is the concern of paralysis by analysis. Audio transport and processing is such a solved aspect at this point that only some of the weirdly designed components are liable to do anything to undesirably alter the signal. It is the least concerning factor in the audio chain.
  2. T

SMSL VMV P2 Headphone Amp Review

Or even just the L70. I get wary of any headphone amp more powerful than that.
  3. T

Sony Xperia 5 IV Audio Review

I don't think you are trolling and are at least being respectful, which is sort of refreshing given all the off-topic garbage I see elsewhere on this forum. From my perspective, though, I have never heard what I consider acceptable Bluetooth audio. Getting those ideal conditions could plausibly...
  4. T

As long as she wasn't your mother or sister, it's all good.
  5. T

I know all about that having lived through it, but that was the past. Out with the old, in with the new. I will say that I am impressed by some of the things the A6 can actually do.
  6. T

That's fine, but this streamer does practically everything else other than this simple feature that the Shield and many other streaming devices allow. With a prevailing mindset of how acceptable everything was in the past, it is a miracle that we have gotten this far.
  7. T

Generalizations are never good. I have always worked physically demanding jobs and exercise a lot. Expecting quality of life features does not equate to being lazy.
  8. T

Really? I had no freakin' idea! Thanks, smarmy jackass.
  9. T

That's what I've been doing. I just find it weird how we can't have complete control using the app. The remote should not be needed.
  10. T

I can't turn on the A6 using the app on my phone and tablet because the device is not discoverable when powered down. Is that supposed to be the case? If so, not having a simple standby is a major flaw for such a modern streamer.
  11. T

Study: Is I²S interface better for DACs than S/PDIF or USB?

Seeing a DAC I otherwise like with an I2S input sort of angers me. It is just taking up space and development cost that could have went towards adding another useful USB input. USB audio is plenty matured and flawless with most modern DACs.
  12. T

A wishlist of gear to be reviewed by Amir

Funny to just see the cable discussion. I recently bought a pair of Cable Matters XLR cables that were ridiculously loose in connection on both ends. I was sort of surprised to get any sound at all, let alone the audio signal being just as good as the expensive cables with Neutrik connectors...
  13. T

Looking for a decent entry DAC for desktop use

And two, to avoid the possibility of signal drops, as is common with these modern DACs when handling imperfect optical transmission. I would rather get no sound at all than anticipating the next loss of signal.
  14. T

Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire Review

Agreed. My ears never acclimated so easily to headphones as they have with the Noire. Brass-heavy recordings especially sound incredible without EQ.
  15. T

Using the analog section, I think the most satisfying part about the DMP-A6 is that I finally found an ESS DAC that is already tuned to handle imperfect optical signals without dropouts. Well, that and the sample rate switching is actually instantaneous.
Top Bottom