Recent content by th0m

1. T

What is the LP frequency of your subwoofer(s)?

90 Hz, 36 dB/octave. Voted 80 Hz.
  2. T

miniDSP Flex

On the SHD, you can customize the behaviour of the display in the same program where you manage the output routing etc. "Display settings" under the Preferences tab. Should be the same on the Flex? I have mine set to remain active but dim to the lowest brightness after 10 seconds.
  3. T

Help Me Decide: MiniDSP SHD or Computer+DAC?

I think the PC version of Dirac Live works at 48 kHz? Could remember wrong though. All I can say is that I really like my SHD and recommend it wholeheartedly.
  4. T

Big and heavy, affordable vintage preamp?

I understand that of course. It's simply my own particular taste. Meant no disrespect to Mac fans ;) Have actually been looking at the C5000 (and C7000) already. Like them a lot. Might be a candidate, but still more money than what I'd hoped to spend. Very much in line with what I'm after...
  5. T

Thanks, but the whole point of this is to get something that looks nice, and the McIntosh design isn't for me. Much prefer Japanese hifi in general.
  6. T

Yeah, you're probably right. Balanced inputs seem somewhat more common in 90's gear, but the really cool ones are more expensive than what I'm prepared to spend on something just for the look and feel. Would really love to have something like a Sony TA-ER1 or Marantz SC-5 though.
  7. T

While I couldn't be more happy with my recently purchased miniDSP SHD, it's not very exciting to look at. So, I was thinking about maybe getting some vintage preamp for volume control and hide away the SHD in a cabinet. I would like something big and beautiful, with a vault-like feel, with...
  8. T

How many subs are you using and how big are they?

One SVS 3000 Micro (2x8"). Might get a second one eventually, but can't say I long for more bass as it is.
  9. T

(SOLD) FS: AKG N5005 iem's [EU]

Sorry, not willing to go quite that low.
  10. T

(SOLD) FS: AKG N5005 iem's [EU]

Rarely used and in perfect condition. Comes with original packaging and all accessories. Bought in August -19 €300 shipped within the EU.
  11. T

(SOLD) FS: RME ADI-2 DAC v2 [EU]

In perfect condition. With original box, receipt and all accessories. Bought from rme-shop.com in December -19. 680€ shipped within the EU.
  12. T

miniDSP Flex

I ended up ordering an SHD instead. Will likely have zero use for the streaming function, but the convenience of proper XLR and RCA sockets, internal PS etc won me over. Knowing myself, I would probably have ended up getting a $400 Jensen Iso-Max for the balanced-to-unbalanced subwoofer...
  13. T

miniDSP Flex

Only a few AVR's from Arcam, Focal and Bryston so far I think.
  14. T

miniDSP Flex

https://www.dirac.com/live/bass-control/ Would be nice to have obviously, but not a critical feature for me personally. If it for example turns out that DLBC becomes available for the SHD but not the Flex I would be a bit regretful about not spending the extra cash though. Could be a way for...
  15. T

miniDSP Flex

I found this: https://www.sescom.com/products/view/product/productslug/active-1-channel-balanced-xlr-to-unbalanced-rca-audio-converter No idea about the quality though.
Top Bottom