Recent content by test1223

1. T

Lightbulb moments, or how far have you come in your journey?

Exactly. I think every speaker or room acoustic developer / engineer needs such a Smyth Realiser to be able to conduct blind speaker and room acoustic tests, since a mechanical speaker mover is very expensive and to test room acoustic treatment blind with fast switching is nearly impossible...
  2. T

Sigberg Audio Manta Cardioid active speakers: Full measurements (Spinorama)

They look really nice. How do they look with the cover attached? I think the white with a black cover has to look really good. If I were your designer I would recommend to upgrade the look by designing a cover ring for the baskets of the driver which cover all screws and provides exactly the...
  3. T

Lightbulb moments, or how far have you come in your journey?

The most eye opening moment was when I tried out a Smyth Realiser demo. The Smyth Realiser is a device which emulates the sound of loudspeakers with headphones. You could instantly switch between the speaker setup and the headphone emulation of the set-up. The emulation was almost exactly the...
  4. T

Swissonic A305

The Swissonic is reasonable flat and neutral, so I would test it first without an eq a few days, so you get a feeling for the speaker and if there are some weaknesses. Than you can start from this with an eq attempt.
  5. T

Swissonic A305

You can try the eq for the Yamaha HS5 by Pierre: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pierreaubert/spinorama/develop/datas/eq/Yamaha%20HS5/iir-autoeq.txt https://www.spinorama.org/speakers/Yamaha%20HS5/ASR/index_asr.html It should be better above about 300Hz compared with your eq. I would try the...
  6. T

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

It doesn't work good at lower frequencies. You get a lower bumb sound and the higher rattle sounds are gone. But these higher rattle sounds aren't a problem with speaker cabinets. The mechanics of thin plates and thicker plates aren't exactly the same. You have not only bending waves with...
  7. T

Yes there isn't anything you can simply glue on the surface of a box wall which effectively prevents the occurrence and travel of structural sound inside the cabinet walls. You have to go the box in a box way with some high acoustic resistance in between the two boxes to be very effective. With...
  8. T

These blue matrix O like like bracing as good as you can fit them inside the enclosure and you are willing to break your hands while mounting through the bass hole. The area of unbraced wall parts should be as small as possible if you reduce bracing follow this rule where to brace. The bracing...
  9. T

Yes almost this. It transmit sound with the fitting bandwidth trough a resonating air volume to the outside. Nothing get's amplified. It uses some energy from the back of the driver which in a closed box is not used at all. Yes. There is no or. The air inside the tube (bass reflex port) is...
  10. T

The bass reflex "part" of the cabinet needs and uses the airborne sound inside the cabinet. Ideally the sound which has the bandwidth of the bassreflex port shouldn't be lowered by absorbing material. The standing waves however are not desired because they cause peaks with a high amplitude and a...
  11. T

Is a stationary wave for you a standing wave which travels through the air due to the dimensions of the cabinet? They exist as long as the walls of the cabinet reflect sound and bitumen on the wall doesn't affect these reflections in lower frequencies. Or are you interested in the sound...
  12. T

Swissonic A305

The Yamaha will most likely have a 3dB peak at about 1kHz similar to the Yamaha HS7 https://www.spinorama.org/speakers/Yamaha%20HS7/ASR/index_asr.html This will make a big difference in sound. You can try to remove this peak or add it to the Swissonic to get a closer tonal match for comparison.
  13. T

A Sonos One (Gen 2) sounds deeper, better and more punchy than my KEF R11

The Sonos has most likely a good loudness algorithm. The typical hi-fi system didn't provide such a function and therefore the tonality is always wrong, with the exception of the volume at with the recording was mastered.
  14. T

Swissonic A305

Nice, please report back what you are thinking of the speaker.
  15. T

Swissonic A305

I was a tiny bit to late with my Edit :))
Top Bottom