Recent content by test1223

1. T

Neumann KH150

There are certainly compromises e.g. between envelopement and exactness. But most people who claim to not like speakers with a narrow beam at a higher listening distance haven't heard a speaker which actually provides such a narrow beam down to the bass in a dedicated room. And if they hear such...
  2. T

Neumann KH150

Yes, the radiation of a speaker, the listening distance and the room acoustic treatment are all connected and all three have to fit. Speakers like the ls 50 or kh150 provide a wide radiation in the bass and a narrow radiation in the higher frequencies. Bigger speakers like the m2 provide a much...
  3. T

Nearfield satellites recommendation for 5.1 system

The best option is to use line array speaker like the jbl cbt 70j-1. They provide 3dB less attenuation per distance which is very beneficial. Another option is to use a dipole speaker and play around with the null by turning the speaker. This will decrease the amount of direct sound at the...
  4. T

Mini speaker in the studio

@AnalogSteph you are right that there are also other solutions. Very small speaker like the EVE SC203s might als be okay but will also bring compromises which aren't great for monitor purpose. IMO a typically none coaxial speakers like KRK RP5 G4s in a near field setup with a listening distance...
  5. T

Mini speaker in the studio

I would choose speakers which will shine with a very short listening distance of about 0.5m. A coax would be the best choice here. With this the amount of direct sound is high which will help a lot and with the coax all reflections will provide a more similar tonality. Depending on the budget...
  6. T

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

You have an overlaid curve of the pink noise in your measurements. Therefore I wouldn't do that in this context and use white noise. This video seems to have proper white noise down to the bass. Go to the settings menu of the spectroid app and change desired transformation interval to 50ms and...
  7. T

Your measurements seems to have a problem. The bass level is way to low.
  8. T

Is it proper white noise? You can download audacity and generate it. If it is proper white noise the measurements didn't look good. It seems there is no bass below about 50Hz. With this subwoofer you should reach about 35Hz flat. Try not to tap on the microphone while recording and slowly move...
  9. T

If you have a smart phone get a free spectrogram tool like spectroid. Then you have a half decent measurements device. Play back some white noise. Play around with placement and parameters like crossover frequency until you get as close to the harman target curve at the listening position. At...
  10. T

Yes the poor integration is to disturbing for music at least and the cheaper subwoofer didn't provide a way to apply room eq or a highpass of the speakers and without both it is next to impossible to integrate the subwoofer well. Outside the speakers the localization of the subwoofer can be a...
  11. T

About 40 - 50Hz is the -3dB point of the elac in a room. With a higher crossover of the subwoofer you will most likely create a peak in the overlap of elac and sub. If you have a hard time to figure out the effect of the subwoofer at all. Try to use a higher subwoofer volume to test the effect...
  12. T

You won't get a good transition between the subwoofer and speaker without a dedicated crossover device like a mini dsp or a AV-Receiver. The best results without a crossover is about 40 to 50 Hz as crossover frequency and the phase switch on the position where the bass is louder at the listing...
  13. T

Exploration of data provided by vendors

@pierre thank you very much! I feel a bit sorry that I requested a speaker which don't fit perfectly into your web page framework. Adjusting everything is a lot of work I guess. Thanks again. I think the wide and narrow mode seems to be the other way around...
  14. T

KEF Q350 Speaker Review

This might help modification with measurements. https://www.hifialex.de/pimp-kef-q350/ (German) More damping material seems to be a very good idea.
Top Bottom