Recent content by terryforsythe

1. terryforsythe

Extreme Snake Oil

I'm introducing a new line of audio cables. They are hand crafted and then put through a very special burn-in procedure to make them supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. Specifically, after my audiophile friend got food poisoning and had an unfortunate accident on his audio cables, they sounded...
  2. terryforsythe

RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial

One thing that comes to mind. To access the CamillaDSP user interface I use a web browser. I enter the IP address of my Raspberry Pi followed by a colon and the port identifier, e.g.: 192.168.0.100:5005 You may need to use a web browser on your Windows machine to access the local port. I'm...
  3. terryforsythe

Not that I have come across, but it is not something for which I have looked. You might search the diyAudio forum. There might be something there on it. Sorry I can't be of further help.
  4. terryforsythe

Go here: https://github.com/HEnquist/camilladsp Under the Table of Contents, the Installing link provides directions for different OSs, including Windows.
  5. terryforsythe

Bi-amping, searching amp for low tones

It depends. There are a lot of variables. Prices are all over the place, depending on what equipment you would want. If you want the most simple solution, just sell your existing equipment and buy active speakers. I have a pair of KEF LS60 Wireless speakers in my office, which I like quite...
  6. terryforsythe

Topping DM7 availability

I pulled the trigger. I found a black one on walmart.com. Walmart has shipped to me a wrong item before. Hopefully they get this order correct.
  7. terryforsythe

In my all active setup, I used a Hypex Nilai500DIY Stereo amplifier for the woofers. It has a very high damping factor. The bass is tight.
  8. terryforsythe

I doubt you will hear a significant difference by just bi-amping and leaving the passive crossovers in the speakers. Much depends on the actual crossover components, though. Low DCR air core inductors should fair better than high DCR inductors that have steel cores. I went all active with my...
  9. terryforsythe

Help me to design a stereo pair of 3-way speakers from scratch (well, almost from scratch)

I don't see a reason to wait. I used measurements made outdoors for initial modelling to set initial crossover and EQ parameters. But, once I had the speakers put back together and started tuning the speakers for the room, the initial crossover and EQ settings went out the window. I optimized...
  10. terryforsythe

Manually time-aligning subwoofer(s) to mains - how to

That is the most important measurement. Another test you can try to see how close you have it is to generate a tone at the crossover frequency. Measure the SPL at the listening position and adjust the time delay until you find the delay that produces the highest SPL at the crossover frequency...
  11. terryforsythe

managing subwoofer and main speaker cut-off? how you would like it done???

I have had good results using miniDSP products to manage the subwoofer/speaker integration, first with a SHD, then with a HTx when I went all active.
  12. terryforsythe

If CamillaDSP and ALSA are set properly, and your equipment is working properly, then I'm stumped as to what the issue could be.
  13. terryforsythe

Did you hit the "Tab" key on your keyboard while alsomixer is open to cycle through the different screens?
  14. terryforsythe

Proposal: Right to Fair Review (RFR) Association

Hi Amir, I am a Patent Attorney. I would like to help. It probably also would be good to get an Attorney involved that has experience with defamation issues/litigation, if there is one in this forum.
Top Bottom