Recent content by terfenol-D

1. T

Minisdsp Questions

It would be balanced out to RCA in on the subwoofer. It looks like I should stick with the RCA version then. In either case - if I can use the DDRC-24 it would be RCA connections so I guess problem solved. I thought of that but I do have a Vinyl collection. I thought about getting a puffin...
  2. T

Minisdsp Questions

I am replacing my NAD C658. I was going to replace it with an Anthem STR but passed on that. Instead I am going with a preamp with no room correction and would like to add a minidsp product for integration of sub and speakers. My questions are: MiniDSP 2x4HD vs MiniDSP Flex. If I would like...
  3. T

Anthem STR Preamp Connection Question

All, I am looking at purchasing an Anthem STR preamp to replace my NAD C658 preamp to hopefully improve room correction. I have similar sub output concerns with my NAD that is well documented in the C658 thread on here. The Anthem has balanced outputs for both main channels and subs in both...
  4. T

Processor Loop?

Is there any benefit to a processor loop on a pre-amp vs. putting a processor between pre-amp and amp? What would the preferred hook-up be?
  5. T

NAD C658 Streaming DAC Review

@JDRCapeCod @JoetheLion - why did you both end up getting rid of it? What did you replace it with? I’m really asking if there’s something new I should be looking. So far I am not aware of anything that does everything the c658 does. You can count me as someone who is more or less happy with...
  6. T

Nice - do you just load the file into roon?
  7. T

No optical output - just USB. I could get a converter to optical or HDMI. The HDMI to TV then optical could work as that is already hooked up! The cabinet my equipment is in is heavy and my back doesn't like me moving it around too much. I wish connections for things like were on the front...
  8. T

I meant no USB input on the C658? To send a test tone through and get your speaker/sub placement as good as can be prior to running to Dirac.
  9. T

Stupid question time? How are you hooking up your computers to use REW with no UBS input?
  10. T

Tinnitus, hearing loss, and Bright Speakers

I definitely listen at lower levels than when I was younger! Trying to protect what hearing I have left! Thanks for your responses to know I'm not alone in thinking speakers (maybe specific sounds/frequencies) can activate tinnitus. I will use DSP to turn down the higher frequencies and...
  11. T

KEF R3 Meta - Review & Measurements by Erin

Per the directions that came with the R3 and measured distance to the wall I have the hollow tube foam plug in my speakers. Planning on using DIRAC to help control lower frequencies/room modes. What are people's thoughts about using DIRAC with or without the plugs? Better to let DIRAC do...
  12. T

Tinnitus, hearing loss, and Bright Speakers

I have tinnitus and high frequency hearing loss (basically deaf above 3k hz). I just bought Kef R3 as I really liked the LS50 but wanted more bass. The Erin's Audio Corner review suggests angling the speakers out a bit to avoid sibilance/brightness. So far it feels like the speakers set off...
  13. T

My OEM Car System has ruined HiFi for me. Thoughts?

The Mark Levinson system in my Lexus is outstanding as well. it’s well worth the upgrade. Other cars that have good systems I’ve owned included Volvo B&W system (best system by a wide margin…too bad the rest of the car was a dumpster fire) and Mercedes Burrmeister system. Ford’s B&O system is...
  14. T

KEF R3 Meta - Review & Measurements by Erin

Got them out. I actually called Kef and the person knew the issue right away. It was suggested to let the speakers warm up a little bit (I had just brought them in). 10 minutes later and they were out.
Top Bottom