Recent content by teoboss

1. T

wich stack ? topping (D30pro+A30pro) , smsl (sh-9 + su-9) or ?

I am far away from big city, so it is not easy for me to listen amps and/or dacs (and now with the covid even worse) So I have to trust on online review, better if with similar amps / dacs, and better if more reviewer agree on the same "ranking" I do not know if the topping D30pro/A30pro is...
  2. T

I confirm all the good I can about topping support After one day I have a question, I write them an email, in the meanwhile I found the "answer" on the web (it was a driver / settings "problem") but the day after (due to the fuse) I found them reply, very good :) The very best, as amp, would be...
  3. T

it is a very good combo as I wrote above, in Italy, when I bought mine combo, the SMSL sh9 was (very) hard to find ... so I have not so much choice ;)
  4. T

read the review here : https://soundnews.net amplifier and source ps : differences are really light, but it seems that smsl is a little bit better (but I think that for me it would be not possible to ear any difference ...)
  5. T

ps : smsl sh9 + su9 are slightly better (on sound), but here (at least now) is not easy to find the sh9 ... :(
  6. T

the dimensions fit perfect for my desktop (schiit are bigger) , D30pro/A30pro have balanced input/output (A50s/D50s not) , test here are better, test on sound say that D30pro + A30pro pairs perfectly (one enhance the other)
  7. T

after this https://apos.audio/blogs/news/the-dac-amp-combo-that-just-melted-over-steve-guttenbergs-ears I bought A30pro + D30pro I hope that them will be my good friends for a long time
  8. T

Singxer SA-1 Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

as you know, are these "advice" general or model specific (just for the SA-1) ? ie : about every amplifier if used with unbalanced headphone it is suggested to use the unbalanced input (even if balanced are possible) thanks
  9. T

ok, I think that the design is the least important (as I wrote considered even a product mix) for now BT is not a need and about MQA , if there is ok, but if there is not (topping) I think it is not a big problem, it is only on tidal, and there are rumors about new tidal hi res without mqa (but...
  10. T

Topping D30pro (about US$ 400) + A30pro $350 = TOTAL $ 750 smsl SU-9 ($ 460) + smsl SH-9 ($ 290) = TOTAL $ 750 gustard X16 ($ 500) + gustard H16 ($ 400) = TOTAL $ 900 (a little bit over my budget that is around us$ 800) (other ideas / items are welcomed) or may be a mix of these (like as smsl...
  11. T

Topping A30Pro Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

the difference (if any) are really really small (based on amir test): thn+n : d30pro : 0.000104% (on xlr out) ; su9 : 0.000101% sinad : d30pro : 119.6 ; su9 : 119.9 dynamic range : d30pro : 128.5 ; su9 : 126.6 I challenge everyone to ear the difference may be there could be something at ear...
  12. T

please note that D30pro is a very good dac but it is NOT mqa (while, as you now, smsl su9 is)
  13. T

I am planning to buy a SMSL SP200 (with the topping D30 pro dac) what are your thoughts about the SP200 ? Would you reccomend it ? (or the SH-9 , a little improved version for just 20$ more) the other ideas are : A30pro (but too new) , A50s (no balanced input) or ... I do not know, not too much...
Top Bottom