Recent content by techsamurai

1. techsamurai

Struggle replacing Old AVR - tried RZ50, 4800h, and Cinema 70 - what now?

That is absolutely amazing when you think about it. So sweeps are essentially a single frequency version of music to simplify measurements.
  2. techsamurai

I guess my question is whether a sweep is identical to music - do the amp and speakers handle the same amount of sound when playing a sweep as when they play music or is music essentially a compilation of many frequencies playing simultaneously?
  3. techsamurai

Thanks, very enlightening - so it takes all 50 waveforms and translates them into one waveform of amplitude over time. So if I understand this correctly (and I don't believe I am), an amp and speaker are only playing one signal at any moment which our brains are able to extrapolate into a...
  4. techsamurai

I don't think it doubles the power. If using an AVR, it's the same power just not shared to the binding posts with different cables.
  5. techsamurai

I have a question. I know a sweep is a continuous stream of changing frequencies but my understanding is that it plays a single frequency at a time briefly. How does an amp and speaker process sound for 50 instruments like an orchestra all at once? Do they try to divvy up the time and make...
  6. techsamurai

Yeah, that's an interesting one about the sound possibly changing - details, clarity, and center image are words I would also use. I've been trying to pull the sound to the center and give it a warmer tone. I wonder if you had the same issue I had. We'll see if a new calibration with my old...
  7. techsamurai

Marantz Cinema 50 installed

A fair and valid point! I think it's accepted that manufacturers have to offer some form of room correction although for smaller companies integration with DIRAC might be the better solution.
  8. techsamurai

First, you make some amazing points there that I'd never even thought of like the ease of selling electronics vs speakers. I'm going to throw a massive spin onto this. DSP like Audyssey or Dirac can change the way your system sounds. They are supposed to be corrective and are supposed to...
  9. techsamurai

Marantz Cinema 50 installed

Dirac's pricing just feels wrong to me altogether especially for D+M owners who have already paid for Audyssey. Imo, they should be given a break or some length evaluation period to determine if the person likes it more than Audyssey.
  10. techsamurai

We have the measurements - yes, SoundAndVision did them I think. I used Delta Wave but the drift was poor and I had to use an alternative method. Which chart am I supposed to look at?
  11. techsamurai

I may have but here are 2 Piano recordings (Piano A is a bit louder so adjust down or up a bit). They are horrible but these are very different sounds - not subjectively, but objectively especially if you hear them here. What's your opinion of each? Here's the original
  12. techsamurai

Take the backgrounds away - what do they look like to you? Surely with every piece of background, the chess pieces would not look different. In fact, they look different with just this background?
  13. techsamurai

But having owned so many Marantz vintage receivers, would their bias not have been towards Marantz? Why would their bias lead to debunk their own theory and why would they both be in agreement?
  14. techsamurai

That's possible I think Steve Dallas also talked about the high frequencies being adversely affected by XT32 possibly so I'll definitely play with the range there and limit to 500hz and 1,000. The Cinema 70 also had MultEq but I don't think it was identical to the 8002 being that it's 15 years...
Top Bottom