Recent content by tdockweiler

1. tdockweiler

Sennheiser HD 598 SE* Review (headphone)

These measurements and review should have been deleted IMO. At least until the stock pads could have been tested with it too. This is almost a bit unfair to Sennheiser. There is no way they would release a headphone with those kind of measurements. The HD-598 we all know and love sounds...
  2. tdockweiler

What IEMs do you own?

I don't think i've used any IEMs since 2009 or so until the most recent 6 months. The Final Audio E500 reviews and low price convinced me to buy it. Didn't like it at first until I found the perfect size tips (that's when the bass showed up). I also just bought the Moondrop Chu about 3 months...
  3. tdockweiler

Beyerdynamic DT150 Review (Closed Back Headphone)

I've been curious about this headphone ever since I saw the below video where they used them a lot. Is it the DT-150? I think it is. This is a live recording of Joe Hisaishi's "Departure". I think the video has pretty good sound for Youtube.
  4. tdockweiler

AKG K701 Headphone Reviews (China and Austrian Made)

I bought the Q701 many years ago and thought it sounded much better. Slightly more bass. Of course i've never been able to prove this, but many people have agreed too. I've done the bass mod on mine and it's been in place for years. I love it. Yes, I've read there is more distortion in the bass...
  5. tdockweiler

Sennheiser HD560S Review (Headphone)

This sounds like a headphone I might like. An old favorite of mine was the HD-598 (non SE), but it lacked low bass and even more so than the HD-650. Has anyone compared this to the HD-598? I imagine it's a side-grade most likely. I do have the newest HD-650, but i've always found it very...
  6. tdockweiler

KOSS PRO 4AA Review (Headphone)

Reminds me of one of the ugliest frequency graphs I ever saw, it was of the Koss MV1. It almost looks similar to this! It was the most muffled sounding headphone I ever heard. Somehow it wasn't the worst overall Koss headphone. That goes to the ESP950 look-alike with a dynamic driver in it's...
  7. tdockweiler

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

I think more ultra budget Bluetooth closed portable headphones would be nice (with noise cancelling!). I'm really surprised how many there are under $100! Yes, they are generally not suitable as a primary headphone, but they have their uses. I bought my first bluetooth headphone for mowing the...
  8. tdockweiler

The most overrated and underrated headphone you tried?

Overrated: AKG K400, K501 Severely lacking bass and nothing really special compared to the Q701 or even K702. I had both the EP and LP K400. The K501 "soundstage" is something special though. Underrated: Koss ProDJ200 - specifically with M50 pads. I've yet to find a portable closed headphone I...
  9. tdockweiler

Koss Porta Pro Classic

Does the Porta Pro use the same driver as the KTX-Pro1? Both are portable headphones, but not sure if the KTX-Pro1 is still being made. Back in the 90s one of my favorite headphones was the Koss KTX-Pro (Not Pro1). It had a better headband and was a a little bigger. All black and even had a...
  10. tdockweiler

Drop AKG K7XX Review (Headphone)

I don't think this is true. I've heard the K702 Anniversary and the K712, but not side by side. The Anniversary was so bad to my ears that I'd never want to ever listen to it for more than testing. It actually felt too warm sounding. Everything so thick sounding and very muffled. Even worse than...
  11. tdockweiler

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

Would be nice to someday see measurements of the un-modified AKG Q701 vs the Q701 with bass mod. That involves just taking off a small sticker on the back of the driver. I know there is measurements of this using a K702. I'm not convinced the Q701 and K702 measure exactly the same. Even the...
  12. tdockweiler

Sennheiser HD650 Review (Headphone)

I had an old HD-580 and upgraded it with the HD-600 grills and some HD-650 drivers. Everything else is the same, but I did get new HD-650 pads. How close in sound to the official HD-650 do you think it will be? The drivers are most likely not matched very well, so there is that. I imagine...
  13. tdockweiler

Someone take one for the team and overnight mail him some Hd-598 official pads :) Wish I could, but my poor HD-598 cracked and died a slow death. Always wanted to get another one some day. I remember getting them on sale for $150 once. Pretty good deal at the time. Sadly at the time there was...
  14. tdockweiler

Maybe you should have a new policy of measurements with original pads only? Or if you do measure them with alternative pads, also post measurements with originals too. Is it possible for you to still measure these with the original pads before you ship them back? Maybe the owner doesn't mind...
  15. tdockweiler

Your favorite IEMs?

My all time favorite has been the Triple Fi 10 (not the custom). I like the sound so much that I got rid of all my headphones including the K702 and DT-990. I actually used them with the Comply foam. Some say it turns it into a muffled sounding mess, but I don't agree. Since Ultimate Ears no...
Top Bottom