Recent content by TC!!

1. T

Dirac Live standalone for PC and Mac

Thanks, my only issue is whether I'd go for the software only version or a miniDSP SHD. I could use it replace my SMSL M500 and it would be able to handle the digital output from my TV. I only have a stereo set-up in my office, using a pair of Elac F51 active speakers attached with XLR, so it...
  2. T

strange SMSL M500 high 3rd harmonic

There's a lot of pages to go through on this so I may have missed this but did SMSL ever offer a way to update a hardware version 1 to a version 2?
  3. T

Thanks for the feedback, so is the licence you have for the plugins which they call Dirac Live Processor or for the measurement tool Dirac Live? I was able to run the measurement tool I downloaded with no licence and use the exported calibration via the plugins in SoundSource without a licence...
  4. T

Thanks for the quick response. I've ordered the microphone and it's arriving Friday. I managed to find a link to download the standalone Beta. Using my basic usb microphone I was able to measure and export a calibration. The exported calibration was available to use on the standalone Dirac Live...
  5. T

I was considering buying something like a miniDSP SHD for my set-up, my only source for music is my mac and I run active speakers. Can I get the same Dirac Live calibration just using this software running on my mac without any hardware? If so what licence would I need to buy? I've downloaded...
  6. T

Having a Feeling of Shame Gives Rise to Courage--SMSL M500 V2

Another very happy V1 owner here, sounds amazing.
  7. T

Having a Feeling of Shame Gives Rise to Courage--SMSL M500 V2

Yeah, where does this leave v1 owners, we're beta testers for SMSL? (I'm not pissed my v1 still sounds great.)
  8. T

Sabaj D5 vs Topping DX7 Pro vs SMSL M500 - battle of the ES9038Pro

Really? I remember a lot of posts about the D5 when people had to get the firmware tool delivered to be able to upgrade it. Also, read around a bit more, a lot of negative posts about Topping. At the end of the day we're getting top of the line DAC chips at chinese prices, there's a reason...
  9. T

Sabaj D5 vs Topping DX7 Pro vs SMSL M500 - battle of the ES9038Pro

No need, I have an M500 sitting here working perfectly for me for the past 5 months.
  10. T

SMSL M500 Teardown & ESS ES9038Pro DAC Thermal Analysis

The 'quality' of your USB connection can definitely make a difference. My old DAC was terrible with most USB connections, even for 16/44.1. I've had zero issues with the M500, but I do only go up to DSD128 and 24/192.
  11. T

I'm not so sure, as @amirm said and my ears would agree, it's still a great DAC. Also if all they did was slap a heatsink on there would it really be a v2? More like M500+.
  12. T

Thanks for the work @amirm still confirming my M500 sounds amazing. So who's going to produce a YouTube video showing how to take it apart and add a heatsink?
  13. T

SMSL M500 DAC Only “Thermal Issue” not “Golden Sample”

and then rip it to pieces and show us its guts!! Seriously though, check there's no screws under the feet.
  14. T

Just wondering if you guys may be overreacting. We've seen from posts here that other manufacturer's products are having issues with heat from their ES9038PRO products, one even recalling their devices to fit a huge heatsink on top. Until we get a look inside the device to better understand...
  15. T

Unless I've missed something @amirm was able to see the effect of temperature when he retested the device after leaving it warm up for a while. That is why people aren't getting angry about Amir being sent a golden sample, he was able to replicate the issue on the one he was sent.
Top Bottom