Recent content by Tatteredmidnight

1. T

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

I find the power cube and power at various loads to be more important than the new efficiency plot. Impressive little amp and a great review, thanks Amir.
  2. T

dbx 223xs Crossover Review

I’ve been using a dbx 223xl to crossover my monitors and sub in my living room and it has been a great addition for the price. I was able to pick it up used from GC for $80. Very nice to see the xs model perform so well, gives me more confidence in my choice (my understanding is that the units...
  3. T

Geshelli JNOG2 Review (Balanced DAC)

JDS labs devices are also made in the USA no?
  4. T

FX-Audio Tube 02 Pro Review (Headphone Amp)

@amirm The channel balance graph is mislabeled “Matrix HPA-3B”
  5. T

Audiopraise VanityPro Review (HDMI Audio Extractor)

It’s great to see a theory of operation and block diagrams in a manual for any technical product, let alone consumer audio. Very nice extra touch, especially considering that these went out if vogue a long time ago.
  6. T

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

This is what I’m trying to understand, I believe he volume control could be implemented in a number of ways and I just don’t know enough to make an educated inference. The rest of my question touches on this but maybe it wasn’t clear enough.
  7. T

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

Help me out here, but I’m a bit perplexed by the max input and gain choices. The suggested DAC is the E50, but it’s 4v nominal for TRS output, which would clip the input on this amp. 2.6v is over what we usually see for RCA and under what we see for balanced. Would it not be possible to have...
  8. T

SMSL SU-6 Review (Desktop DAC)

Or better yet, used RGB LEDs and let you customize the display color in software.
  9. T

And hey, since the display is white, you can just add a green tint film to it and viola, a green display ;)
  10. T

It’s all trade offs. Going TRS balanced to RCA single ended (if the device you are connecting to doesn’t happen to have balanced inputs) means you are going to have to make your own interconnects most likely (or use a 1:1 transformer), just try looking for a real TRS to RCA cable, they are all...
  11. T

Or can it be configured, like the original SU-8, through the menus? Hopefully it is configurable so it can satisfy everyone’s preference (not sure why this isn’t more common).
  12. T

LSA Voyager GaN 350 Teardown (Class D Amp)

Once you see the orientation of the psu board you can’t unsee it. It’s such low hanging fruit! Shorter cables, and no need to route the AC mains next to an am module, unbelievable.
  13. T

SMSL D300 Dac

They advertise up to -116db THD+N on the product features, so at the same price, why choose this over their own SU-9n that hits SINAD of -121 for the same price? I wonder what the Rohm filters look like, maybe they are more “correct.” As usual, the SMSL lineup looks like it is designed by a...
  14. T

[AboutAudio] New Class D Amplifier 100% made in Italy

Are those speaker binding post wires just flapping about in the case with no tie downs? They run the entire length of the case, this doesn’t seem like a good plan, but I’m no electronics designer.
  15. T

Wife finds theatre too loud. Bumming me out! How can I make it 5db quieter for only her?

Wife > home theater, turn down the volume and make it so she wants to enjoy time in there with you. Alternately, sit 5db closer to the speakers than her :D
Top Bottom