Recent content by Tartaruga

1. T

Review and Measurements of Purifi 1ET400A Amplifier

Guys someone ordered the vtv stereo amp and got it shipped? https://vacuumtubevalues.com/product/27564/ Any thing that I should consider? The lack of buffer will result in lower volume? (but better sinad?) My speakers are 90db and my listing room is pretty small.
  2. T

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Guys someone ordered the eval board to usa? Is any tax required to be payed? I want to use forwarding company based in the USA in order to ship it to myself.
  3. T

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Guys I want to order the eval kit to usa, to a forwarding company and from there to israel (in order to avoid tax payment). There is tax to pay in the USA? Shipping to orogon. BTW, what is the difference between the two shipment methods in purifi site?
  4. T

DIY Purifi Amp builds

230v where I live, thank you for the info!
  5. T

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Thank you guys, I'll read all the thread. Already talked with a store in netherland in order to get the 1200a400.
  6. T

DIY Purifi Amp builds

I got an old pc case that I tought to cut the base just because it sound cool, I'll check it thickness but I guess I'll just get aluminum plate. I got thermal paste for my pc builds so I guess it will work. I didn't look the doc (I was pretty sure I'll get nc400 amp from Netherlands as I am...
  7. T

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Thanks for the info, I'll order the kit and the Smps1200a400. I'll cut a pc case motherboard plate for the base, is it good enough? I will also need speaker terminal right? That will fit? InstallGear 4 AWG Gauge Gold Ring Set Screw Battery Ring Terminals (4 Pack)...
  8. T

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Guys if I want to build an amp based on the EVAL1 kit, what else do I need for basic configuration? Smps1200 power supply, electric input plug, and a case? Am I missing something? BTW, can I build a case from soft wood?
  9. T

How should I split my budget?

The DAC will be connected to a pc, so I dont need extra connectivity, is the matrix sound better? I saw it has better sinad. I couldnt find a review about the amp you suggested. Is it better to get a stereo amp over two monoblocks? I dont understand why two nc400 monoblocks are cheaper than the...
  10. T

Well, im travling to amsterdam in two weeks, so im getting the RME ADI-2 dac for around 850USD, I tought to pair it with a hypex NC400 based amp. after reading on the dac i think i cant get something else :D, maybe I will stretch my budget for a more appropriate amp if the hypex is not enough...
  11. T

Thank you very much for the dac recommendation! after reading reviews about it im definitely will buy it. About the amp, considering that the room is closed 3m on 5m, a 75W per ch will suffice, or should I get a 250W per ch amp if the budget allows? (both of them use hypex ncore) If you have a...
  12. T

Hey there! I have CAV MD-EX 3 speakers, and an omni directional mic (for RC). I want to buy dac, pre and amp, and thinking how to split the budget. I will use pc as media center. I think i prefer to get a DAC and integrated amp, i prefer to go second hand. My budget is around 2000-2500$, your...
  13. T

How much money do you have invested in this "hobby?"

Guys how would you suggest to split the budget for audio equipment for stereo? I have great speakers IMO, and omni directional microphone, nothing else. Want to spend around 2K$ for dac, pre and amp, not sure how much to invest in each. I will use a pc as a source if that matter.
Top Bottom